MLB: Andre Dawson Going In the HofF as an Expo

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
They were GOOD in 94....

Too bad he's not going in as a Cub but can't fault him for that decision... he played most of his career for the defunct squad of the Expos

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
They didn't pay him much as Cub did they? Maybe that's coming back to bit them?

Rhino went in as a Cub....

Who else was Ryno going to go in as, a Phillie? He played there for part of a year, then the Cubs for the rest of his career.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
is the baseball HOF the only one that makes you "pick" your team? I'm a little confused as to why they wouldn't just say you were a "baseball HOFer" rather than a "Expos HOFer" ... and just list who you played for.

This is probably one of those baseball things that is tradition right?

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
is the baseball HOF the only one that makes you "pick" your team? I'm a little confused as to why they wouldn't just say you were a "baseball HOFer" rather than a "Expos HOFer" ... and just list who you played for.

This is probably one of those baseball things that is tradition right?

He will go in as an Expo, Cub, Red Sox, and Marlin. The only distinguishing factor will be the hat he is wearing on his bronze plaque. In this case it will be an Expos hat. The plaque will list all the teams he played for and in what years.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
As a Cub fan this doesn't bother me at all.
He gave the Cubs everything he had left and
loved being a Cub. He was an Expo for 11 years
so MLB made the right decision. I doubt this
changes how the vast majority of Cub fans
feel about the Hawk.

mac4cy

Jul 16, 2009
Urbandale
That sucks. Being a Cubs fan I was really hoping he was going in with that hat. Oh well I am used to disappointment.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
He will go in as an Expo, Cub, Red Sox, and Marlin. The only distinguishing factor will be the hat he is wearing on his bronze plaque. In this case it will be an Expos hat. The plaque will list all the teams he played for and in what years.

ok, so this is all about the logo on the hat on the little plaque? jeesh.

so they don't group players by team at the hall? is it random or by year or alphabetical?

why don't they just have them hatless so nobody feels slighted? a lot of bald guys?

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
ok, so this is all about the logo on the hat on the little plaque? jeesh.

so they don't group players by team at the hall? is it random or by year or alphabetical?

why don't they just have them hatless so nobody feels slighted? a lot of bald guys?

If I remember correctly, they group them by induction year. It's not random and it's not by team.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
He calls the Hall of Fame's decision "gut-renching" for him? Really? Good god.
If he actually puts on a Cubs hat and embarasses the Hall, that will tell me a lot about Andre Dawson.

good lord Baseball has become a soap opera.