Leach Fired

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Gerald Meyers (Tech AD): *Coach Leach, did you order the Code Shed?*
Kent Hance: You *don’t* have to answer that question!
Coach Leach: I’ll answer the question!
[to Meyers]
Coach Leach: You want answers?
Meyers: I think I’m entitled.
Coach Leach: *You want answers?*
Meyers: *I want the truth!*
Coach Leach: *You can’t handle the truth!*
[pauses]
Coach Leach: Son, we live in a world that has sidelines, and those sidelines have to be guarded by pirates with swords. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Meyers? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for James, and you curse the Pirates. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That James’s small shed, while tragic, probably saved games. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves games. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties with your fat little girlfriends, you want me on those sidelines, you need me on those sidelines. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very bowl games that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a sword, and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Meyers: Did you order the Code Shed?
Coach Leach: I did the job I…
Meyers: *Did you order the Code Shed?*
Coach Leach: *You’re G**damned right I did!*

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I'd take that bet. I too think there will be a settlement but I'm not sure where it would be heavily in Leach's favor.

It's very likely that Tech used this situation as an excuse to fire him, but that doesn't mean that technically there wasn't cause to fire him.

That's like the thread about getting fired for playing fantasy football at the office that was on here before. Just because it could be treated with a slap on the wrist doesn't mean it isn't also cause for firing.

If the doctor comes out and says what Leach did was the proper thing to do for a concussion victim, game over. I watched the video and none of that stuff looks like torture to me at all. Everyone else has to practice you go sit down and relax. Now, thats if it happened that way.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
If the doctor comes out and says what Leach did was the proper thing to do for a concussion victim, game over. I watched the video and none of that stuff looks like torture to me at all. Everyone else has to practice you go sit down and relax. Now, thats if it happened that way.
Torture? Of course not. Improper handling of someone with concussion like symptoms? Maybe.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Also, another thing, why is it cruel when one person has to do something and not the entire team? What I mean is, I am sure a lot of the drills would be considered cruel if one person on a team had to do them for punishment but yet since the whole team is involved we just say they are working the kids to get better. As soon as one kid get's sent to a shed and let's say worst case scenerio is "locked" in there to do nothing we jump all over a coach. Hell, to me, that sounds like a break.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Torture? Of course not. Improper handling of someone with concussion like symptoms? Maybe.

But the school fired him for endangering the athlete. If they can't prove that, then they're in trouble. Especially if Leach's attorney is asking for the remaining $10 mil that OTL is reporting.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
But the school fired him for endangering the athlete. If they can't prove that, then they're in trouble. Especially if Leach's attorney is asking for the remaining $10 mil that OTL is reporting.

As aggressive as they have been handling this, I wouldn't be surprised to see them get that. I think they have something, some piece of evidence or fact, or simply enough guys behind leach to put TT in a bad spot.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I've only heard a generic "fired with cause" line, did they say it was for endangering the athlete?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Dear Mike, Urban and Brittany,

You don't know how much I appreciate you guys right now. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Tiger Woods

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I've only heard a generic "fired with cause" line, did they say it was for endangering the athlete?

On OTL they said that the letter Leach's lawyer received referred to a specific clause in his contract which included endangering the athlete. i think that Leach's lawyer is taking the offensive and they are going to make Tech look really bad.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
He should be getting calls from these schools:

Penn St- his offense would rape the Big 10 and the fact they own the east coast in recruiting= NC

Florida St- they could climb right back to the top ten in a couple years, with him running the show

Colorado- just to spite TT for years to come, plus trying to stop that spread at high altitude would have defenses falling apart, and a much better place to live than Lubbock

Kentucky- not a great fit for him, but Kentucky could at least compete in the SEC arms race

UCLA- His offense+ California talent not taken by USC= top 10 ten program in a couple years

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Dear Mike, Urban and Brittany,

You don't know how much I appreciate you guys right now. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Tiger Woods

LOL

I know I'll regret asking (and yes, I've been living under a rock)..... but what did Brittany do now?

Reactions: cyco2000