A&M Breakdown

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
What a freaky team. Get drilled by KSU. Turn around and drill Tech in Lubbock? Over 300 yards rushing?

Someone give us a good A&M breakdown. I see LV has them an 8 point favorite at home over the good guys.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I think we can get em, but it comes down to AA, AR and our def stepping up like they did at Nebby, if not more. If they bring their D game plan for Neb with them with the quick hands for TO's it should help emensely, because A&M will have the ball alot with the pass gaining yards.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Texas AM is a SCARY team for ISU to try to beat. The teams that we have beaten this year are ones that struggle on offense greatly. Teams that play well on offense we have lost to.

Texas AM can really move the ball. We will have to control the ball the entire game and have our second straight game without a turnover to have a chance.

Our offense can not expect to put up 9 points again and win. If we have AA and AROB we could have a solid chance at winning.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
I think this will be another shootout, similar to the Kansas game. Hopefully AA & A-Rob will be back for the game, because our offense was pretty anemic Saturday without those two (a lot of credit goes to the NU defense, of course).

Anyone know what Texas Tech's front seven is like this year? A&M put up over 300 yards of rushing against them, hopefully ISU can slow them down.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
A&M is the exact opposite of NU. Very good on offense, terrible on defense.

This is a game I don't see ISU winning. They just killed ISU last year, doing whatever they wanted on offense. The game in Ames last year was the one that convinced me that Bolt had to go.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006

This is a game I don't see ISU winning. They just killed ISU last year, doing whatever they wanted on offense. The game in Ames last year was the one that convinced me that Bolt had to go.

We had probably the worst pass rush of the year against them last season if I remember correctly.

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines

last year is last year. They may have a good offense but they have a terrible defense and our offense is far from terrible.

OasisMan

Oct 26, 2009
i posted this in another thread, but...

one of our major weaknesses is our OL. the whole year they have been questionable at best to horrific (vs ksu, arkansas). @ texas tech last weekend our OL played the best they have in at least a couple years. it would be surprising to see them duplicate that performance, but it would be surprising to see them drop back down to horrific.

if our OL is allowing our RBs to run, then our O is humming. i havent seen the tech game yet, but it seems like we were incorporating a lot more "quick hitters" in the passing game.

we should have our best WR back, Jeff Fuller. He broke his fibula earlier in the year and played a couple snaps last weekend.

on D, some good, some bad. our DL is inconsistent, theyll go a stretch where you cant run on them, then theyll go a stretch where you could crawl through the holes. im sure yall will focus on slowing down Von Miller.

our LBs are young and tend to hit the wrong gaps, their athletic and will make some plays though.

our DBs are hit or miss. they have dropped so many INTs, especially around the goal line. start a true fish & so at CB.

our punting game is terrible & our FG kicker is solid.

our other major weakness is our youth. we played 18 true fish last weekend @ tech. a majority of them played @ ksu. well, you know what happened the last 2 weekends with us, and our youth has a major part in that.

all in all, dont be surprised if we come out firing on all cylinders. but dont be shocked if we come out wondering what a football is. :no:
Anyone know what Texas Tech's front seven is like this year? A&M put up over 300 yards of rushing against them
techs front 7 is probably the best we have seen this year. they were top10 in the nation in sacks, but we somehow held them to 1. i think they were trying to let their DL do all the work and we killed them with draws.
They may have a good offense but they have a terrible defense and our offense is far from terrible.
our D is definitely not great, but i think our numbers are skewed due to some of the Offenses we have faced (tech #4, okla st #30, arkansas #31, utah st #25)

- A&M fan

Last edited:
Reactions: sdillon500

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Texas AM is a SCARY team for ISU to try to beat. The teams that we have beaten this year are ones that struggle on offense greatly. Teams that play well on offense we have lost to.

Texas AM can really move the ball. We will have to control the ball the entire game and have our second straight game without a turnover to have a chance.

Our offense can not expect to put up 9 points again and win. If we have AA and AROB we could have a solid chance at winning.

This...they will score points so we need to be able to as well. While I liked our chances in this game alot a couple weeks ago, I'm not so confident now. Especially with a best case scenario of an injured AA an ARob on the field.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Gonna get a great measuring stick for our our defense this week. Last week, our offensive line was measured and IMO, stood tall. This week, we'll see if our defense can do good things against an offense with a pulse.

Can't give up over 40 as we did against KU and expect to win.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
i posted this in another thread, but...

one of our major weaknesses is our OL. the whole year they have been questionable at best to horrific (vs ksu, arkansas). @ texas tech last weekend our OL played the best they have in at least a couple years. it would be surprising to see them duplicate that performance, but it would be surprising to see them drop back down to horrific.

if our OL is allowing our RBs to run, then our O is humming. i havent seen the tech game yet, but it seems like we were incorporating a lot more "quick hitters" in the passing game.

we should have our best WR back, Jeff Fuller. He broke his fibula earlier in the year and played a couple snaps last weekend.

on D, some good, some bad. our DL is inconsistent, theyll go a stretch where you cant run on them, then theyll go a stretch where you could crawl through the holes. im sure yall will focus on slowing down Von Miller.

our LBs are young and tend to hit the wrong gaps, their athletic and will make some plays though.

our DBs are hit or miss. they have dropped so many INTs, especially around the goal line. start a true fish & so at CB.

our punting game is terrible & our FG kicker is solid.

our other major weakness is our youth. we played 18 true fish last weekend @ tech. a majority of them played @ ksu. well, you know what happened the last 2 weekends with us, and our youth has a major part in that.

all in all, dont be surprised if we come out firing on all cylinders. but dont be shocked if we come out wondering what a football is. :no:

- A&M fan

I like you. Stick around and post more. =) Great post. This is anyones game I think. Not confident on either side.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
haha, most a&m fans, including myself, were confident going to KSU

everyone saw how that turned out :chatterbox:

KSU is real hard to figure out. With ARob ISU would have probably won in a laugher. He was gone for a 70 yard TD on the play he went down on. His backup is basically a Fullback, but I think the ISU coach is afraid to start the true RBs because of turnover problems in practice.

I was stunned that they took A&M to the tool shed, because they did very little offensively against ISU, scoring two TDs on breakdowns in the secondary when their QB was scrambling.:no:

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
1.we need to stop a and m's running backs.they have 3 good rbs.
2. we also need to rush jerrod johnson and not give him time to throw the ball.
3. the aggies have a very good offensive coordinator in nolan cromwell.
4. iowa state needs to play a perfct game-no turnovers.
4. we need to control possession of the ball. keep the ball away from the aggies and control the game clock.we need to rush the ball with arnaud,arob,and possibly schwartz on short and third down situations.......
5. ball control,effective running and passing,game clock control,a good defense,and no turnovers will help us win this game.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
1.we need to stop a and m's running backs.they have 3 good rbs.
2. we also need to rush jerrod johnson and not give him time to throw the ball.
3. the aggies have a very good offensive coordinator in nolan cromwell.
4. iowa state needs to play a perfct game-no turnovers.
4. we need to control possession of the ball. keep the ball away from the aggies and control the game clock.we need to rush the ball with arnaud,arob,and possibly schwartz on short and third down situations.......
5. ball control,effective running and passing,game clock control,a good defense,and no turnovers will help us win this game.

I saw Nolan Cromwell and wondered if it was the same Nolan Cromwell of the L.A. Rams -- one of the best safeties in the NFL -- and it is.

Good analysis, woodie