Dykstra

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Any word on him, when he will commit(and why did he decommitted) and what he thinks of ISU

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
That sucks, I was really looking forward to seeing him in a cyclone uniform

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
was he good enough to play at iowa state???we need harison barnes. that is who we need.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I have no inside information, but the I read it, he wasn't willing/able to commit to the sacrifice it would take to get to the level he needed in order to compete

Or maybe he just wasn't good enough.

Nothing against the kid, I wish him well

yoteforever

Dec 24, 2008
Dykstra couldn't play in the Big 12. He is a tall and thin guy that likes to play on the perimter. I saw him play last year 3 times, and was shocked the Cyclones wanted him. However it happened, it was a good move for both parties.

Dykstra is leaning hard to South dakota State. His teammate Heemstra is also leaning in that direction.

Trust me, Coach Mac did the right thing.

yoteforever

Dec 24, 2008
I have no inside information, but the I read it, he wasn't willing/able to commit to the sacrifice it would take to get to the level he needed in order to compete

Or maybe he just wasn't good enough.

Nothing against the kid, I wish him well

well said. good kid, good family, just didn't want to pay the price it takes

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I saw him in the tournament and thought he looked pretty good, but definantly doesn't have a big 12 body

-thanks for all the info everybody

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
lol, neither did Kevin Durant? So are you saying the Dykstra is an uber athlete with a sweet jumper that is destined to be longtime all star in the NBA? Man, I wonder why no other big schools are recruiting him???:biglaugh:

drunkstepfather

Sep 23, 2009
Iowa
He's playing football this fall and according to the local papers in NW Iowa wants to play college ball with some of his current high school team mates. I could see him going to USD, Northwestern (Orange City) or Dordt. He would be NAIA Stud.

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
I did not mean to come off harsh but Dykstra just is not good enough to play in the Big 12. It became more and more obvious and it was just best for both parties to go their seperate ways. I am sure he will do fine at a lower level.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Come on guys! Dykstra is good enough to play Big 12 basketball, he just more or less didn't want to work hard enough to make it happen. The kid had the height and skill to be a very solid player though. Just didn't want it. Nothing wrong with that

Reactions: cjclone

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Come on guys! Dykstra is good enough to play Big 12 basketball, he just more or less didn't want to work hard enough to make it happen. The kid had the height and skill to be a very solid player though. Just didn't want it. Nothing wrong with that

I agree. A young high school kid had different priorities in life than playing basketball only, and wanted to contribute to various parts of his small school's program. A lot of it is pretty selfless to me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron