ESPN360 to TV

jt tailgater

May 22, 2006
how do you run ESPN 360 through the TV. I assume it is the video in on the TV but what do you connect it to? Thanks.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Depending on your computer/tv, you could use an hdmi, s-video, or monitor cable..

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I was wondering this as well, but I read some things about how the video feeds suck yesterday. Don't know how true that is or anything though.

Do you just use normal A/V jacks from the computer and run it into the tv? Or is there more than that?

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
I was wondering this as well, but I read some things about how the video feeds suck yesterday. Don't know how true that is or anything though.

It depends on how picky you are. It will be less quality than a SD feed, but it is more than watchable and certainly better than not watching the game at all (IMHO)

Do you just use normal A/V jacks from the computer and run it into the tv? Or is there more than that?

It depends on what outputs you have on your computer and what inputs you have on your TV. I use an S Video cable for the video and I have a splitter for the audio. I use the headphone jack on the computer and then use the splitter to plug into my receiver.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
It depends on how picky you are. It will be less quality than a SD feed, but it is more than watchable and certainly better than not watching the game at all (IMHO)

It depends on what outputs you have on your computer and what inputs you have on your TV. I use an S Video cable for the video and I have a splitter for the audio. I use the headphone jack on the computer and then use the splitter to plug into my receiver.

I do exactly this. S video for video. A headphones splitter for Audio into my Amp.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I'm actually posting this while viewing my TV...I just hooked it up through the monitor port, as my LG Flat Screen had one in the back. My audio is coming from the head phone jack on the computer, which is also on the back of the TV.

I just got done watching a few minutes of the USC-tOSU game on espn360.com and it looked amazing!!!

BD4CY

Sep 22, 2007
If you hook up with an HDMI cable then ESPN360 will look almost as good on your t.v. as any other channel does

nwiafan

Dec 22, 2008
Hawarden
I cant seem to get my TV to maintain full screen when I switch from the computer to TV on espn360. When I put the computer onto the tv it then shrinks it to the window, but I cant get to the full screen icon if that makes sense. If anyone can understand this and help me out I would appreciate it!:confused:

TCymo

Aug 19, 2009
Omaha
Being a cyclone fan in Omaha, I am trapped behind the big red cutain where getting ISU info or games is punishable by death . I count on the internet to watch games, replay shows, etc. on my plasma. It was a huge headache for me until I finally found the right solution for my set up:

I use the second monitor port on my laptop and my Vista software to set up my TV as a second monitor. Most newer TV's have monitor ports on the back and you can plug right in. Mine does not. First, I tried a hard to find converter cable which went from a monitor plug to a Pb, Pr, Y wire which I can input into my TV. However, my lower end laptop did not have a good enough video card to power both monitors. I had to buy a Gigawire brand PC to TV converter from radio shack for about $60 to make it work. This converter box has inputs for all kinds of connectors. I also had to adjust some of my monitor settings and play with the resolutions to make it work. Once I got it up and running, it is really nice. The quality on the big screen is equal to the quality of the video on my monitor.
I know this set up is pretty specific to my case, but hopefully this info might help

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
If your laptop/PC is older like mine and doesn't have S-video, HDMI or RCA (Component/Composite) then your TV will need to have a VGA input (The same cable you connect your desktop computer to your monitor). If you have a Mac like me hopefully you received a DVI-to-VGA conversion cable and can just use or borrow a VGA cable to connect to your TV.

Spam

May 21, 2008
....While you guys figure out how to get 360 on your TVs, I am still wondering how I can get ESPN 360 on my computer.....

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Just get a bigger monitor. A 30" monitor will make the game plenty big and make your computing much better.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I just drove around several apartments in Ames until I found some offering Mediacom Internet with unprotected wireless.

Synced my ESPN account and I'm good to go on QWEST.

Reactions: 3GenClone

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I just drove around several apartments in Ames until I found some offering Mediacom Internet with unprotected wireless.

Synced my ESPN account and I'm good to go on QWEST.

I was wondering if that would work - I've been telling my friends to try coffee shops or libraries to see if they can get access that way. Thanks for the confirmation!

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
FYI -- TO STUDENTS LIVING OFF CAMPUS

You can access ESPN 360 on the campus network, BUT you can NOT get remote access this way. ESPN 360 won't allow you to sync your account if on a campus network.