cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
I'm usually not one to complain a ton about hawk fans, but this is getting ridiculous. EVERY SINGLE THREAD has to have a hawk related post from all these Hawk trolls. Every thread has to get derailed, and when someone says something, these hawk trolls play the victim. I know the mods are doing the best they can, but it's time we got some of these trolls and actually had informed discussions, preferably not about the Hawkeyes except for in the In-state rivals forum.

Reactions: Clone83

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I support to an extent. Some of them do offer insight that isn't just to be a jerk to us. However, some of them are that guy who just wants to one up everything or re-draw the attention back to themselves. Some visiting fans are great for a site. Whoever the OSU fan was who was here, he was cool. Didn't rub it in our faces that we aren't good and we're probably going to get smoked. Some of the NDSU posters have been cool, but we've also had some that weren't exactly fun to deal with.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
If you're talking about the COY thread, you're out of line. Certain posters (not even Hawk posters) have their panties in a bunch, and started a ******* match. Honestly, the people ******** about the Hawk posters are more of a problem than the Hawk posters themselves.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
If you're talking about the COY thread, you're out of line. Certain posters (not even Hawk posters) have their panties in a bunch, and started a ******* match. Honestly, the people ******** about the Hawk posters are more of a problem than the Hawk posters themselves.
Go away, and you could solve two problems at once. :wink:

Reactions: IcSyU and dosry5

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

To an extent. Without a select few Hawk fans, crap never gets started.

If you have an oil leak, you don't just keep adding oil (suspending certain people) as a secondary fix. You replace whatever needs to be replaced to fix the leak (permanent bans).

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI

I disagree

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston

The kid isn't out of line at all. You're far from the authority on being in line.

Reactions: madcityCY

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
To an extent. Without a select few Hawk fans, crap never gets started.

If you have an oil leak, you don't just keep adding oil (suspending certain people) as a secondary fix. You replace whatever needs to be replaced to fix the leak (permanent bans).

Right, but is that really what CF is about? Banning people because they're a fan of another team?

I'm pretty sure the mod team here does as good of a job as they can in regards to keeping trolls at bay. But honestly, there are plenty of ISU posters here who cause just as much grief as the Iowa trolls.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
The Hawks were never mentioned in that COY thread.

This is one of the more pointless cry sessions today that I've seen in a long time.
If contributions to threads were to be judge in a vacuum, then yes, one would be inclined believe it was just a disagreement over what is to be considered sound logic. However you start adding in documented obsessions, and ...

Reactions: dosry5

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
If contributions to threads were to be judge in a vacuum, then yes, one would be inclined believe it was just a disagreement over what is to be considered sound logic. However if you start adding in documented obsessions, and ...

Wanna put this in idiot terms?

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Wanna put this in idiot terms?
When posters have documented they cannot put their fan allegiance aside, comments that are illogical, but otherwise neutral, become tainted with malice. Example: if I were to post on HR that I could see Iowa go 6-6, even though I think it is sound logic, it will come off as a flame. Solution: I do not post that on HR.

Last edited:
Reactions: IcSyU

ST8BRN

Nov 17, 2006
Pioneer, IA
When posters have documented they cannot put their fan allegiance aside, comments that are illogical, but otherwise neutral, become tainted with malice. Example: if I were to post on HR that I could see Iowa go 6-6, even though I think it is sound logic, it will comes off as a flame. Solution: I do not post that on HR.

Wow. What a ridiculously difficult concept to understand. Too bad a certain few Hawk posters on this site don't follow that advice. Oh wait, they do. They're far too busy raising hell on CF to post on HR.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
When posters have documented they cannot put their fan allegiance aside, comments that are illogical, but otherwise neutral, become tainted with malice. Example: if I were to post on HR that I could see Iowa go 6-6, even though I think it is sound logic, it will comes off as a flame. Solution: I do not post that on HR.

Not the same. Iowa is coming off of a 9-4 season, ISU is coming off of a 2-10 season. Saying Iowa will go 6-6 is like an Iowa fan saying, "PR should win COY the year if ISU goes 3-9."

I agree, there is a troll problem here. But seriously folks, it's a message board. If you get your panties in a bunch every time somebody is immature, then I'd hate to know what your life is like.

Also, some people seem to be just looking for e-drama, which is sad and lame in its own way.

Reactions: Angie