*** Official IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
ABSOLUTELY CANNOT GO OUT OF BOUNDS IN THAT SITUATION. Cost us a chance to win in overtime!!! Would have been better off to fall down and lose yardage.

I love Brock but there have been times in the last 3 weeks specifically where he isn't aware of the situation or is unwilling to take a hit to try to get the first down.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
If I were McDonald, Hall, Kolar or Rose you wouldn't catch me within a million miles of whatever godforsaken 2nd rate bowl town we're playing in.
Yep, all the Florida NFL players did it last year against OU in a much bigger bowl… and no one batted an eye that they lost.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Our defensive coaches still struggle with the idea that we have to press the issue on the road starting with the first play. We continue to allow the QB to get some confidence, by making easy throws, and its bites us in the ass. We did it at Baylor, at WV and again today.

We continue to play our basic defense on the road, thinking that we will be fine, but how many points have we given up in the 1st half on the road this year?
This lose is all on the defense, its that simple, and we do not have the excuse that Rose was not playing today. We got every break in the game from the refs, meaning every call went our way and still lost because we were content to go into OT to win the game. Funny how that works, TT was playing to win in regulation, and pressed the issue, and when it was said and done, they desired to win the game.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
The game was ugly and they didn't deserve to win but the most disappointing thing to me is Purdy's game awareness at the end. He should've never ran out of bounds on the last 3rd down play. Once he got to the corner and realized he wasn't going to out run that guy and get the 1st down he should've gone down in bounds. Tech had no TOs and they could've ran the clock down under 30 seconds. The extra couple of yards he got meant nothing, keeping the clock running was more important.

I give the kid credit, he's always trying to make a play but sometimes you just have to play smart football.

MattCampbell

Mar 12, 2021
If I were McDonald, Hall, Kolar or Rose you wouldn't catch me within a million miles of whatever godforsaken 2nd rate bowl town we're playing in.

that is just a ridiculous statement. The culture that Campbell has created (and what everyone celebrates after big wins) is why these guys stayed. Nobody on that team is cashing it in.

some fans may need to though…

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I love Brock but there have been times in the last 3 weeks specifically where he isn't aware of the situation or is unwilling to take a hit to try to get the first down.

He was very succinct vs. OSU but since has gone back to some weirdness.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
The game was ugly and they didn't deserve to win but the most disappointing thing to me is Purdy's game awareness at the end. He should've never ran out of bounds on the last 3rd down play.
As others have said - he does not like to get hit. Or maybe he's told to avoid contact at all costs?

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
that is just a ridiculous statement. The culture that Campbell has created (and what everyone celebrates after big wins) is why these guys stayed. Nobody on that team is cashing it in.

some fans may need to though…

And now they can realize that the culture that was created is guiding us to a failing 7-5 season, and they may dial it in now.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I’m insanely mad right now as everyone here Is but important to take a moment and think of these players that have set the bar high and never quit in this game. See some of you next week in Norman and pack that damn place against TCU and be there early to support this incredible senior class.

* I might still be semi negative in later posts but this remains true.

you know what, I’m not mad…I was mad after Iowa, but they are what they are now, Iowa state deserved to lose this.,,they were outplayed and severely outcoached all day

you just can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and then be mad about it

they really struggle to start games, and they take way too much time getting things fixed, that’s just what they do, nobody is going to be suprised by a new wrinkle

we play extraordinarily conservative especially offensively, and we rely on the defense to do everything and win on the last drive every game

if you play close games against everyone, even inferior teams like tech and wv, and you don’t respect them, they can bite you

and that’s what is happening.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
7-5 ISU in the liberty bowl..

The biggest disappointment in the history of ISU football considering expectations in August.

However after UNI and Iowa.. I knew this was possible. Our offensive line and pass coverage is 6-6 quality at best

I hope Campbell makes some changes like he did with Andrews after 2019's disappointment. New line coach minimum

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
As others have said - he does not like to get hit. Or maybe he's told to avoid contact at all costs?

Could he have found a short pass there? Once he got out of the pocket he looked bound and determined to run and there really wasn't that much room.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
It is what it is. The coaches don't learn from their past mistakes. Six years in, and ISU just isn't good at the fundamental stuff needed to be a conference champ.

Reactions: norcalcy

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
As a fan I refuse to watch them all end their careers in an ice storm in Memphis against Air Force anyways. Seneca Wallace getting the team to #7 then getting destroyed on thst pathetic blue field was bad enough, this will be far worse.

• Dislike
Reactions: johnstoncy

kyonabuffalo

Nov 22, 2020
Saint Louis
7-5 ISU in the liberty bowl..

The biggest disappointment in the history of ISU football considering expectations in August.

However after UNI and Iowa.. I knew this was possible. Our offensive line and pass coverage is 6-6 quality at best

I hope Campbell makes some changes like he did with Andrews after 2019's disappointment. New line coach minimum
New line coach? How about a new QB or WR coach? Our OLine has stood up. Brock holding on to the ball for far too long is a different story....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron