*** Official IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm honestly embarrassed of our fans more than our team. We've gotten soft, entitled, lost our humor and just sad badlands to be associated with.

There's ppl on here acting like this is the end of out hopes and calling Campbell out.

That ain't me.

A sports team lacking fundamentals in the most important moments with all sorts of experience has to start somewhere.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
How strong were the winds?

Sideline Cyclone radio guy said the wind was pretty much dead calm at field level.

Could tell before the kick Heft was putting on his nut cup. He said something like "yeah, it's a long kick, but the kickers have been really booming the ball today during practice."

• Informative
Reactions: agentbear

kyonabuffalo

Nov 22, 2020
Saint Louis
Once again.. slow start. Not ready to play. Soft defense and softer offense. 6-4 was a good season 6 years ago but we've graduated from that expectation. Only way to slavage this season is beatiing OU and TCU. Otherwise, 100% complete underachiecement. Shinning light, conversations about Matt leavung are no longer valid. He's here for another 2-3 years

Reactions: Spanky

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
A sports team lacking fundamentals in the most important moments with all sorts of experience has to start somewhere.
Sure. Assess and measure and make a decision or change if needed. B*thing, crying and losing all sense of perspective and rationality ruins the main draw ISU has over our competition.

Passionate, loyal fan support.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm honestly embarrassed of our fans more than our team. We've gotten soft, entitled, lost our humor and just sad badlands to be associated with.

There's ppl on here acting like this is the end of out hopes and calling Campbell out.

That ain't me.
What the hell does it matter if fans are "soft," or "entitled," etc?
Fans aren't on the team, and you aren't either. We're all just spectators...

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I think the Texas Bowl is a third rate bowl to be fair. Tech and us have the same record, and they beat us so they get the tie breaker
I think those bowls are free to choose who they want when it comes to teams having the same record. Though I'm guessing the Texas Bowl would take a team from Texas over us.

Reactions: kyonabuffalo

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011

That ain't me.
Dare yall to talk that nonsense to Breece, Brock or Campbell's face. Know who's back I'd have.

• Haha
Reactions: ISUAlum2002

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
All in the matter of just a short few hours
lost the big12 title game
probably going to finish with 7 wins
end up at a crappy bowl
lost any little credibility we had with the media.
everyone is freaking out and pissed off.

none of the above was even on my mind at lunch. Great job today guys.
maybe next time.