*** Official IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
As others have said - he does not like to get hit. Or maybe he's told to avoid contact at all costs?

I assume its the latter, or he's become more cautious after taking those hits while here. His first year he was definitely a lot more risky with those kinds of things, and got lit up a couple times because of it.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
KU is having their way with Texas now. If that holds up me thinks the ISU offense and defensive scheme have been figured out......especially the defense. Going forward how does the staff adjust? We've been told they changed to this defensive scheme to put the 11 best players on the field at one time. Well if that doesn't work then what?

Reactions: khardbored

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
The secondary has been suspect or bad all season and the tackling/pursuit has generally not been sharp.

Those things catch up.
That’s fair. Certain position groups have been bad all year, but as a unit they have been one of the best in the country.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Lmao, you really can’t see why a player would not want to play in the Liberty bowl and focus on the NFL?

Breece yes. Charlie maybe. But everyone else is fringe for the NFL draft. If Will had 20 more lbs he'd be a shoe in, but other than those guys it's a long shot for anyone else.

I like the optimism though, I just try to be a realist.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Since the Cyclones lost, time to complain about random things. Why is the audio production on Cyclone Reaction horrible? They just went a whole segment with Whitver’s mic off.

CyVolk

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2017
It is truly and officially over as far as goals go now. If they don’t need to improve their draft stock they SHOULD sit.

But they won’t, because that’s just the kind of program this is. Bowl gam on the other hand will definitely be missing a lot of players, if I have to guess.
I sort of agree. But, if several players sit out the rest of the year, it may explain this year’s results.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That’s fair. Certain position groups have been bad all year, but as a unit they have been one of the best in the country.

What's weird is that instead of just having an 'off game' where the opponent is just chipping away at weaknesses, it gets REALLY bad.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Why I want a new oline coach:

You'd think playing 4 guards that our run blocking would be better.
Pass blocking is decent. Purdy holds onto the ball A lot because he doesn't have a great arm and everyone most of our receivers can't separate.
Campbell has changed WR recruiting for the 2022 class. All of these guys are route runners and separate guys. Trying to find another 6'5" Lazard or 6'6" Butler isn't easy. So I commend him for changing that.

With a strong armed QB for 2022. We should stretch the field more vertically. But we'll need to replace Breece and no longer have a loaded box luxury for Dekkers

Reactions: isufbcurt

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Observations from today:
* Despite the failure to meet our expectations, Matt Campbell and his team are still one of the best things to happen to Iowa State since Johnny Orr.
• Oklahoma and Texas are 0-4 against ISU, Baylor and OSU. That is extremely good news. I say every victory by the "Big 3" over OuT is worth $1 million a year per team in the Big 12 after they leave to the SEC in addition to what they would have received.
• I think the question of whether Purdy will be drafted was probably answered today. He certainly deserves to be called Iowa State's greatest quarterback, however.
* For those to say Campbell should fire so and so are idiots. Matt Campbell has earned the right to be given the trust from Iowa State fans on the assistants he retains.
* Matt Campbell probably learned a lesson today. Playing the odds may be fine, but when you have no margin to fail, sometimes you have to push the odds a little.
* I have no worries about Iowa State's future.

CloneZone13

Feb 7, 2013
Proud of the way the guys fought back. Tech made winning plays. That receiver (Price?) catching that ball after getting annihilated was the best catch I've seen in a long time. 62 yarder? Wow. They deserved to win. This will sting the players bad, and they have nobody to blame but themselves. Hope they can bounce back and finish the year with 2 wins.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Observations from today:
* Despite the failure to meet our expectations, Matt Campbell and his team are still one of the best things to happen to Iowa State since Johnny Orr.
• Oklahoma and Texas are 0-4 against ISU, Baylor and OSU. That is extremely good news. I say every victory by the "Big 3" over OuT is worth $1 million a year per team in the Big 12 after they leave to the SEC in addition to what they would have received.
• I think the question of whether Purdy will be drafted was probably answered today. He certainly deserves to be called Iowa State's greatest quarterback, however.
* For those to say Campbell should fire so and so are idiots. Matt Campbell has earned the right to be given the trust from Iowa State fans on the assistants he retains.
* Matt Campbell probably learned a lesson today. Playing the odds may be fine, but when you have no margin to fail, sometimes you have to push the odds a little.
* I have no worries about Iowa State's future.
Right On!

Reactions: CYTWINCITIES

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Good Humbling for Cyclone Nation, embrace the pain, just because you do everything right, as CMC says about this team of high character fells does not guarantee success in this in this world. The process for away games is wrong somewhere, I'd try flying them in Saturday morning.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Has CMC had his presser yet?

Did he say again that it’s nearly impossible to win games at lowly Iowa State unless you play perfect football…. and we didn’t play perfect football today?

I absolutely hate it when he says that crap.

The coach speak definitely hits differently when we are playing like ****. Maybe spend less time working on your coach-isms and more time figuring out how to prepare your team for marginal opponents on the road.

• Winner
Reactions: JBone84