*** Official IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
What the hell does it matter if fans are "soft," or "entitled," etc?
Fans aren't on the team, and you aren't either. We're all just spectators...
It matters because yall lame as he'll to be around / associated with talking smack on the very ppl responsible for you hoping for a conf championship.

They sacrifice and risk. The ppl on here throw shade and irrational hate.

Do yall though. Best of luck if this staff ever leaves.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Sure. Assess and measure and make a decision or change if needed. B*thing, crying and losing all sense of perspective and rationality ruins the main draw ISU has over our competition.

Passionate, loyal fan support.

Perspective of what? Life? Sure. It's just a game.

For the football team? Even I was pumping the brakes this summer over the hype, but at the very least I'd like to see a fundamentally sound team take the field with this much experience back.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Can almost guarantee we win in Norman next week. Not joking either because that’s exactly what this team would do. 28-23 we win. Calling it.

Nobody would be surprised. We are good at winning games when nothing is riding on it. It'd be a moral victory at best, does nothing to help us this year, or what this year should have been.

Give me taking care of business against 2 conference bottomfeeders in TT and WVU, and get DESTOYED by OU 10x over.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Sideline Cyclone radio guy said the wind was pretty much dead calm at field level.

Could tell before the kick Heft was putting on his nut cup. He said something like "yeah, it's a long kick, but the kickers have been really booming the ball today during practice."
He was putting every kickoff through the endzone and he definitely had all the practice he needed doing that all day today.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
One thing I hope people did this season was bet a few bucks on the money line for our opponents. You would have made some good coin by now. We have lost as pretty solid favorites four times now. Today was the icing on the cake losing straight up as a double digit favorite though.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It is truly and officially over as far as goals go now. If they don’t need to improve their draft stock they SHOULD sit.

But they won’t, because that’s just the kind of program this is. Bowl gam on the other hand will definitely be missing a lot of players, if I have to guess.

Yah, we aren't talking top tier 1st rounders here. They ain't quitting during the regular season. Could maybe see some skipping a mediocre bowl game. Might even make a minor bowl interesting with new QB and running backs as preview for next year.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Eh, I think Liberty is our floor. We'll see I guess.
For the Big 12 it’s:

1. Sugar (since I doubt any Big 12 makes it to the playoff now)
2. Alamo
3. Cheez It
4. Texas
5. Liberty
6. Guaranteed Rate
7. First Responders

we are basically tied with KState now and still have to play OU and TCU, and those games will not be gimmies.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Only one question to ask, “Coach tough game today. After a big win at home, you hit the road to play an undermanned team with a conf. Champ game well on the table. Why does the game start as if the team preferred not to even be there?”

I mean Christ. Come out and lay the wood to someone! Instead you’re no better than kstate, or tech. You are what your record says and it says mediocre. How disappointing. Should have called 3 straight timeouts in the first quarter and questioned dudes desire cuz it was clearly missing.

Reactions: Ankency

kyonabuffalo

Nov 22, 2020
Saint Louis
Perspective of what? Life? Sure. It's just a game.

For the football team? Even I was pumping the brakes this summer over the hype, but at the very least I'd like to see a fundamentally sound team take the field with this much experience back.
Im with you. Any State fan is going to be skeptical after the years of heart break we have endured but to see a team take the field and us having no fear at all that they will win would be nice to experience. Especially in a season like this where the expectations are so high and we return so many starters from a 9-1 feam from last season...

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
For the Big 12 it’s:

1. Sugar (since I doubt any Big 12 makes it to the playoff now)
2. Alamo
3. Cheez It
4. Texas
5. Liberty
6. Guaranteed Rate
7. First Responders

we are basically tied with KState now and still have to play OU and TCU, and those games will not be gimmies.
TCU is at home so I think we'll probably win that one. 7-5 is not what I had in mind to start this year; woof.

Reactions: Spanky