Your guide to Saturday Chicago fun

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Pequod's is legit. The founder now has his own tiny restaurant (he sold Pequods but the pizza didn't change) in the burbs where he holds his customers to Soup Nazi standards or they are denied service.

Just looked it up and went through their pictures, now I'm craving some Chicago Style Pizza. Might have to make my way over later this summer.

I would be going to Portillo's numerous times

Must stop for fiance and I everytime we go to Chicago. She get's a Chicago Style Dog, I get the Italian Beef (provolone, sweet peppers, and dipped of course). I've never been to Al's and need to try that as I'm a Italian Beef junky.

I used to crave Portillo's a lot until I found A Taste of Italy hear in DSM on University. My god their Italian Beef is perfection, way better than Portillo's. I think I may have it for lunch now.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think there is a Yolk breakfast place on Wells in River North.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Pizanos pizza is great and closer to the Allegro, downtown and River North hotels. Old school Chicago feel, great pizza.
If you're going to the Sheds Aquarium, get there when or 30 mins before it opens or you could be waiting in a long line.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Had pizza at a well known place north of the bean this summer. Wasn't impressed and found we didn't really care for deep dish pizza.
Giordino's. It's pretty good but you tend to have to wait forever. Probably not good if you don't like deep dish.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Giordino's. It's pretty good but you tend to have to wait forever. Probably not good if you don't like deep dish.

Thanks. It was a long wait, and it was like 2-3 when we ate. We didn't care for it. Was first experience with deep dish.

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
Girodino's is the only pizza in my experience that I don't like at all.

Every pizza ever is better than Girodino's.