You Might Not Like the New Lights in Hilton Coliseum If……

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
In the vein of Jeff Foxworthy’s good-ole “you might be a redneck” stint, I thought it might be fun to do a bit of the same for many of these people really not liking the new lights, or maybe, to help those people that are still undecided know where they might fall. So, here goes…..

You might not like the new lights in Hilton Coliseum if…

-You are 55 years of age or older

-You still use a flip phone

-When HDTVs first were introduced, you were one of those people who didn’t know what the hubbub was about because you claimed you couldn’t tell the difference between that and SD

-In general, you hate all types of change

-You still haven’t left the 1970s and your home décor reinforces that statement

-You really like McDonalds and therefore prefer to see all life through ugly yellow colored glasses

-You heard that the new look is somewhat similar to what they have in NBA stadiums, and you hate the NBA, so therefore you obviously can’t like the new lighting

-You refuse to consider buying any type of lights for your house other than incandescent soft white bulbs

-You really like the Jock Jams intro music for basketball

-You like to exaggerate stuff like how dark it is in the stands due to the new lighting

-You don’t get why all these people keep whining about the old “Smoke on the Water” intro for football. In fact, you kind of like it.

-You just joined Facebook last year and really like it

-Your favorite TV network is CBS (you watch every single NCIS)

-Mark Charter or Chris Williams like them, then you obviously don't

-You think all of Oregon's football jerseys are ugly

-You really like the current I-State logo

-You still don't understand why all our games can't just be broadcast on local TV stations

Also, feel free to add any others I’m missing……

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
What's the "K" level? My new garage LED's are 4000K, bright white.

Need to know so I can adjust my makeup to the proper light. :)

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
You leave a 6:00 game at the 8 minute TV timeout to get home to see who did best on "The Voice" tonight.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
You leave a 12:00 noon game at the 8 minute TV timeout to get home to see the 2:00 re-run of I love Lucy on Me TV.

Reactions: Triggermv

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
You think Asics/New Balance shoes are cool
Well this is awkward...
Screen_Shot_2016_11_22_at_9_39_33_AM.png

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
-You leave 4 minutes early to beat the traffic, even if ISU is only up or down 5 points.

You run through the parking lot to your car.... then drive 50 miles per hour back to Ankeny.

I swear some of these guys who take 10 minutes to walk the aisle in hyvee can now run a 10.7 100

• Funny
Reactions: iacyguy

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
So, Hilton is now lighted like NBA arenas? This is the same lighting K-State put in last year and ISU fans went ballistic. LOL, the irony. Can hardly wait for Allen Fieldhouse to enter the 21st Century.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You/they know who they are. If I'm going to dig up links for laughter, it will be preseason football expectations/rankings.
You said it; put your money where your mouth is. If it did happen, I highly doubt it was more posters than have bitched about Hilton's new lights.

• Winner
Reactions: cstrunk