YMCA Cap City Leauge, 6/29: Georges Niang Rocking It -- Full Stats 6

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
that isn't the problem. The problem is that Patch.com isn't a sponsor of CF so they are advertising and getting web site hits for free. CW has publicly hinted at not liking this so I feel he isn't very happy with it. If CW gave them permission to post links then I'm cool with it as well.

*If this isn't true, then I apologize. Though this is what I see could be happening*

Why do u care? CW is a grown *** man. I'm assuming if this is something he has a problem with, he's capable of dealing with it on his own. The fact that you feel you somehow know what's best for Williams/CF makes you come across like an enormous tool.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Why do u care? CW is a grown *** man. I'm assuming if this is something he has a problem with, he's capable of dealing with it on his own. The fact that you feel you somehow know what's best for Williams/CF makes you come across like an enormous tool.

Double Amen. CW can take care of himself.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
that isn't the problem. The problem is that Patch.com isn't a sponsor of CF so they are advertising and getting web site hits for free. CW has publicly hinted at not liking this so I feel he isn't very happy with it. If CW gave them permission to post links then I'm cool with it as well.*If this isn't true, then I apologize. Though this is what I see could be happening*
I'm cyvader, and I approve this post.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames

when did I say that I cared? You must struggle at reading comprehension as I never said that.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
ZJ: Thanks for the post. The guidance I was given by the site is that it's all right to post original content that hasn't been linked to...but not to troll. So, after each game I get up a story, pics and full stats. When I can get other pics up, I notify people. What I post is certainly original: Nobody else is covering the league. I've spoken with several ISU players in the leauge -- I've been to the games each night -- and they enjoy being able to find the posts here. Sorry you don't enjoy it. I've made a point of adhering to the guidance provided to me by the site.

Thank you for your coverage. I definately don't think you are overdoing the links.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Bumping a thread with the same link is advertising to get page views to his own site. That is not kosher.

Like these:

ToddRichissin said:
Just updated with some pics.

ToddRichissin said:
Fresh pictures and full stats up

ToddRichissin said:
A dozen or so new pics

ToddRichissin said:
A dozen or so new pics put

How convenient to "add" some pictures to bump the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cy$

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
that isn't the problem. The problem is that Patch.com isn't a sponsor of CF so they are advertising and getting web site hits for free. CW has publicly hinted at not liking this so I feel he isn't very happy with it. If CW gave them permission to post links then I'm cool with it as well.

*If this isn't true, then I apologize. Though this is what I see could be happening*

So if you aren't a sponsor you can't post a link to your own ISU related material. So if Bill Simmons wrote and in depth article on Royce White, he could come give the link to Grantland? Yeah, I don't need the old news but this particular thread shouldn't be a problem IMO.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
So if you aren't a sponsor you can't post a link to your own ISU related material. So if Bill Simmons wrote and in depth article on Royce White, he could come give the link to Grantland? Yeah, I don't need the old news but this particular thread shouldn't be a problem IMO.

I was relaying what CW said in another thread. I even said that if he was ok with it then I don't care. I don't care but there's been other threads not happy with it and I can understand it from their point of view. I don't mind them posting articles here honestly.

Yea, because your whiny little initial post just screams "I don't care".

Ya, I was whining. says the guy name-calling.

Last edited:

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I don't see the big deal. When the CCL first started this year, everyone was interested, and we got a lot of information. Now, this seems to be our only source of stats, write-ups and pics.

Nearly every time anyone posts a link to anything, it is going to take you to some other sites with advertising on them, and who also may receive some payment because of hits. Also, every time a post with a link gets quoted, the link is going to get repeated. Seems to me a lot of worry about a problem that really does not exist.

I'm just glad we hear something about the play in the CCL. No, they are not regular games, but it is still good to see how the players, especially the new ones are progressing and fitting in. Lighten up.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I appreciate those who are looking out for our free website. Those vocal folks are correct to a point. In order to keep things free here, we have to have advertisers and no, we can't have people taking advantage of the site's traffic to grow a product as that undermines our business model.

However, I exchanged an email with Todd a few days ago. Like many of you have pointed out, things were getting out of hand with the Patch links earlier in the week. The Royce White piano video as a perfect example. I told Todd that stuff like that was not allowed but as he correctly pointed out, I did give him permission to post stuff like this as I can't be at the CCL every night and at the end of the day, you all want to know how Iowa State players are performing (I vow to you that next year, we'll have night-by-night coverage. CF's big announcement on Monday has kept me awfully busy.)

So if it's an original link that makes CF better for the user, I'm fine with it. As long as it isn't excessive and intrusive to you, the user. After all, the Des Moines Register and the Ames Tribune don't come on here linking every single story that they post regarding Iowa State athletics. It's kind of a slippery slope as to what we should allow and what we shouldn't but due to the fact that literally nobody else is out there on a nightly basis, I think allowing these kinds of posts is a good thing for you fanatics.

Every decision we make at CF has you, the user in mind. So if you disagree with my take on this situation, please send me a PM and let me know what you think as I am definitely interested.

I hope that this helps throw water on some of the bickering in this thread. Thanks again for caring. We couldn't do this without you guys.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I appreciate those who are looking out for our free website. Those vocal folks are correct to a point. In order to keep things free here, we have to have advertisers and no, we can't have people taking advantage of the site's traffic to grow a product as that undermines our business model.

However, I exchanged an email with Todd a few days ago. Like many of you have pointed out, things were getting out of hand with the Patch links earlier in the week. The Royce White piano video as a perfect example. I told Todd that stuff like that was not allowed but as he correctly pointed out, I did give him permission to post stuff like this as I can't be at the CCL every night and at the end of the day, you all want to know how Iowa State players are performing (I vow to you that next year, we'll have night-by-night coverage. CF's big announcement on Monday has kept me awfully busy.)

So if it's an original link that makes CF better for the user, I'm fine with it. As long as it isn't excessive and intrusive to you, the user. After all, the Des Moines Register and the Ames Tribune don't come on here linking every single story that they post regarding Iowa State athletics. It's kind of a slippery slope as to what we should allow and what we shouldn't but due to the fact that literally nobody else is out there on a nightly basis, I think allowing these kinds of posts is a good thing for you fanatics.

Every decision we make at CF has you, the user in mind. So if you disagree with my take on this situation, please send me a PM and let me know what you think as I am definitely interested.

I hope that this helps throw water on some of the bickering in this thread. Thanks again for caring. We couldn't do this without you guys.

thanks Chris for the great site and for clearing things up.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007

Let me Chris clarify!

That is all

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron