Yet another good OL to Iowa!! Whats going on?

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
So I guess we'll just have to hold back on the recruiting news here until Sentreal Henderson commits to the Hawks, right?

I really, really do enjoy this though. Seeing all of these posts from the highest of high moral ground ISU fans, and Iowa is still raking in a hell of a recruiting class---and it's only July!

Actually, Seantrel trimed his list today. Down to USC, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Florida and possibly Florida State and Minnesota.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
:biglaugh:

Not sure if I understand the laughter. There's a very good chance that Dace will be the starting LG this season. Doering has a good shot at RG, as long as he watches out for Angerer's right hook.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
holy **** - isn't there a site rule about 5 hawk posts in a row is an automatic closed thread?

this is the biggest let down by the mods since NET1.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I've had mods edit my posts and thread titles to something completely different. So, yeah...some of them abuse their power from time to time.

It would seem the owner of this site feels differently about the way the mods go about their job.

If anyone feels they're being treated unfairly, no one is holding a gun to your head ....

Reactions: keepngoal

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
It would seem the owner of this site feels differently about the way the mods go about their job.

If anyone feels they're being treated unfairly, no one is holding a gun to your head ....

Dude, what the hell? All I said was that some of the mods abuse their power from time to time, which is true. But for the most part, they do a good job. No need to be an ***.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Dude, what the hell? All I said was that some of the mods abuse their power from time to time, which is true. But for the most part, they do a good job. No need to be an ***.

I'm not trying to be an ***, and my second point wasn't directly pointed at you (hence the "if anyone" as opposed to singularly "if you"). I apologize you took it directly.

But ranting about mods is a semi-regular occurence here. I was one for a while and know what it entails. The idea that any mods really "abuse" their power shows a complete lack of knowledge on how being a mod at CF.com works in the first place. Almost nothing is done on an individual basis, but as a team. So one = many in such a case. And more often than not, Jeremy is involved in many of the decisions. And most of the most severe ones aren't acted upon until he chimes in.

So I'm sorry - I take a great deal of exception with "some" or "time to time" - and NO it isn't true.

Last edited:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
DJK needs a few days off.

How about forever? The mods can get rid of the whole damn lot of them and this site would be better for it. Let me paraphrase their posts:

"Iowa got blah blah blah!!!!". "Once we get blah blue blah to commit, we are really going to be dominating!!!". All of this is supposed to draw oooohs and aaaaahs from us ISU fans. Sorry, the only thing I care about with iowa FB is the one game that they play ISU. And iowa can sign all the Weghers, Scherffs and Hochs they want, ISU will still win their share and will stomp iowa this year in Ames. Get ready for a beat down circa 2005.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
How about forever? The mods can get rid of the whole damn lot of them and this site would be better for it.

I kind of like having them around. They are like that little brother who is annoying as crap but they are entertaining and fun to laugh and poke at.

In the end we are all family (Iowans). There are a lot bigger issues out there than a rivalry between two universities.

egami

May 19, 2009
iowa
I've administrated a site that actually had more users and mods in the past. It's a lot of work for...well, nothing tangible. I admit, there are some threads that have been closed a little early by my gauge, but at the end of the day I think the mods/admin here do a terrific job and I have yet to see anything that even borders what I'd consider abuse.

Reactions: Angie

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
In the end we are all family (Iowans). There are a lot bigger issues out there than a rivalry between two universities.

:wideeyed:

You mean if we all would spend as much time on little things like, oh, finding solutions to disease, poverty and famine as we do on CycloneFanatic, this world would be a lot better place????

Get out of here!:jimlad:

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

Considering that a mega-percentage of the enrollment at the u of i hail from the other side of the Mississippi... that's not entirely accurate. :wink:

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
The idea that any mods really "abuse" their power shows a complete lack of knowledge on how being a mod at CF.com works in the first place.

So before a mod changes the title of my thread to something totally different to get a rise out of the Cyclone fans he has to pass it up with all the other mods? As in, "is it ok if I screw with this guy's thread title, even though he's done nothing against forum rules?"

K, I think I understand now.

So I'm sorry - I take a great deal of exception with "some" or "time to time" - and NO it isn't true.

I'm sorry, but yes it is true and it does happen from time to time. I doesn't happen often but it's happened to me on at least 3 ocassions. If you honestly believe that not one single mod has ever abused his power here, you're being very naive.

Apr 30, 2009
i think its great that iowa is getting good football recruits. it makes it that much better to hear their excuses when teams like the iowa state's beat them. For example when drew tate got injured they had that jason manson as backup who was a very good recruit coming out of highschool and also a very solid backup qb and all i heard from hawk fans was the only reason we won was because of drew tate getting hurt.. so dont sweat about it iowa is always going to have a better recruiting class than us and it makes it that much better to listen to them whine when they get beat.