Yet Another Boneheaded Move by the Iowa AD

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I bet the people in their athletic offices show up to work every day and wonder to themselves what kind of **** am I going to have to deal with today because our boss is a complete moron.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Remember how many fans wrote in to him saying they wanted Kirk fired?
How many write into the Prez to say they want Barta fired? Probably none.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I bet the people in their athletic offices show up to work every day and wonder to themselves what kind of **** am I going to have to deal with today because our boss is a complete moron.
It’s the Hawkeyes, you are putting faith into the belief that they are smarter then their boss?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
how is this any different than the guy who went on social media from Texas Tech to buy up all the available tickets to the away game at Texas last year? Longhorns didn't care.

This is quite pathetic.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
This is from the St. Louis post dispatch:

The University of Iowa provided the following statement in response to the Orange Krush statement, "The Iowa Athletics Department became aware of a discounted group ticket order for the Iowa-Illinois men’s basketball game on behalf of an Illinois chapter of the Boys & Girls Club. In following up with that organization, it became clear this was not factual. When contacting the individual who made the original ticket order, they admitted to falsely ordering tickets under the non-profit organization. Iowa Athletics has refunded the original ticket order and donated tickets to the Boys & Girls Club of Cedar Rapids. We look forward to welcoming these kids to a sold-out Carver-Hawkeye Arena this Saturday."

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
This is so pathetic. Large numbers of rival fans attend college football and basketball games all the time. I went to Northwestern for grad school and visiting fans were often half the attendance. I don’t remember the AD trying to keep them out.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

The University of Iowa provided the following statement in response to the Orange Krush statement, "The Iowa Athletics Department became aware of a discounted group ticket order for the Iowa-Illinois men’s basketball game on behalf of an Illinois chapter of the Boys & Girls Club. In following up with that organization, it became clear this was not factual. When contacting the individual who made the original ticket order, they admitted to falsely ordering tickets under the non-profit organization. Iowa Athletics has refunded the original ticket order and donated tickets to the Boys & Girls Club of Cedar Rapids. We look forward to welcoming these kids to a sold-out Carver-Hawkeye Arena this Saturday."

UbG8Ezq.jpeg

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Based on the orange crush statement, I’m guessing they order the tickets through the org and raise money for them.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines

The optics are horrible but if this is the case I kind of get it. This student group lied about who they were to buy tickets at a discounted rate. But they couldn’t have been that worried about the lost revenue because they the gave the tickets away for free.

PR 101 on display again from Barta.

• Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The optics are horrible but if this is the case I kind of get it. This student group lied about who they were to buy tickets at a discounted rate. But they couldn’t have been that worried about the lost revenue because they the gave the tickets away for free.

PR 101 on display again from Barta.

I’m not so sure. I’m guessing it was a little sketchy but not quite what Iowa is making it out to be. Like the orange crush people raise money for the boys and girls club. The boys and girls club thanks them with tickets.