Yet Another Boneheaded Move by the Iowa AD

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Hopefully the charter bus company will step up and allow them to credit the guaranteed money loss towards an alternate destination.

Expecting something from the **** show is too much to ask.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Plus donated =/= positive of attendance.
Or it’s not staff mostly that gets the tickets.

If Barta wanted to make a statement, he could have donated them to the B&Gs club in Illinois and pushed the Krush to donate their buses so they can get there. Instead he can’t even get out of his own way on a simple LARGE pr chance and chance to shove it royally to the krush.

Reactions: CapnCy and JP4CY

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
So in summary, Barta:
1. Found out the loser Illinois fans lied about being a charity to get cheap tickets
2. Cancelled their fraudulent tickets, keeping them out of Carver this weekend
3. Baited them into making a public statement about it
4. Immediately showed the receipts AND helped out a REAL Iowa charity instead

Barta sucks, but pulled off a masterclass tonight

Why does 1 matter? Why shouldn’t everyone have a right to buy tickets at the same price?

• Disagree
Reactions: VeloClone

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
They should still make the trip, scalp some ticket or take over a bar downtown.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
how is this any different than the guy who went on social media from Texas Tech to buy up all the available tickets to the away game at Texas last year? Longhorns didn't care.

This is quite pathetic.

The longhorn fans were mad but at least they were smart enough to realize it was their own fault. That's why they built that little tiny gym they are using this yr.

Reactions: dahliaclone

grimace

Feb 14, 2014
I know for certain the Boys and Girls Club will be in attendance now thanks to Gary Barta
Do you think the iowa city cops will charge barta for child abuse for making the boys and girls watch the dumpster fire that is iowa basketball? Especially if coach beaker blows his top at the refs and gets yet another T?

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Weird. You both have the same "profile photo" and are both checking this out story at the same time.
I grabbed my photo off Google images ages ago. I'd imagine many have done the same. I hadn't even heard about this story until browsing this site.

• Creative
Reactions: dahliaclone

Clonefan420

Jan 30, 2023
Most Big 10 schools have taken action to stop it. Iowa hasn't for whatever reason. Look at the Krush's Wikipedia page. Here is a story about it:. https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/wisch-my-orange-krush-adventure-to-evanston/

I agree it is crappy on Iowa's part to cancel it just now.
Read part of the article, just can’t get passed the part that they let “State Farm interns” buy 150 tickets. A company isn’t giving that responsibility to interns lol

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Checked the Iowa AD ticket site. Tickets available for all games but the Illinois one. Iowa sells tickets for $20 per seat (kids are cheaper) and even a 6 month old requires a seat to be purchased. Iowa isn’t selling BB tickets very well.

Reactions: Cy4Pres