Yellowstone - new TV "western"

cedarstrip

Aug 26, 2013
I don't understand the economics of TV, I swear I've seen 1000 ads promoting this and now they are showing the season premiere with limited commercials.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Rip's mention of Nero is interesting. Do some research on Nero and makes you wonder if John's fate could be similar.
Or Jamie… from the first paragraph of his Wikipedia: Nero was adopted by Roman emperor (John), succeeded him (as governor), resented by the Roman aristocracy (Beth), described as self-indulgent (we’ve already seen Jamie look out for his best interest), declared a public enemy (by Beth), and committed suicide (we’ve already seen Jamie suicidal)

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Monica…
There are times I like her character and other times I loathe her. She's gone through a lot over the years so it's hard to hate her.

She wants their son they lost buried on the ranch so family can visit him. This line caught my attention as does that mean she is ready to move back to the ranch for good now? She's been so wishy/washy all this time about living there as she likes the protection it brings but hates what it stands for and how John runs things too.

Curious to see what the Season 5 premiere did for ratings share

Reactions: CycloneVet

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I don't understand the economics of TV, I swear I've seen 1000 ads promoting this and now they are showing the season premiere with limited commercials.
Isn't Yellowstone normally on a streaming network? Sorry, I don't watch the show, but whenever I see an ad for it, it always has "Paramount Network" with it. If this is the case, I assume it's the old drug dealer cliche of "First taste is free." They are hoping you get hooked and have to subscribe?

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Isn't Yellowstone normally on a streaming network? Sorry, I don't watch the show, but whenever I see an ad for it, it always has "Paramount Network" with it. If this is the case, I assume it's the old drug dealer cliche of "First taste is free." They are hoping you get hooked and have to subscribe?

Pretty sure Paramount is a TV channel, like a TBS/TNT. You can also stream on their app like most other channels these days.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020

You know drug dealers??

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Anyone ever browse the subreddit for the show? It sure gets a ton of hate from people who tune in every week.

Anyway, I thought tonight was a great episode.