Yellowstone - new TV "western"

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I feel like the show has stalled quite a bit. First 3 seasons developed some unique characters but there were so many points this season that I got uninterested and shut it off. Quite a bit of overacting from the cast.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Jamie makes a terrible bad guy
Market Equities Chairwomen is an underutilized "bad-guy"
Beth's character lacks at least 5% of normal human empathy. It's a little over the top
Lloyd's season four was weird... I didn't like the direction Sheridan took him. More cowboy, please
Get rid of the buckle bunnies. They serve no purpose to the show anymore.
More Chairmen Rainwater and Mo please

Overall seasons 1-3 were SO STRONG that I should have expected less from season 4. I'm still a massive fan. But this was the shows worst season.

I have to wonder if Gil Birmingham, the actor who plays Rainwater, was busy filming something else during the production period for this season. He was only in a handful of episodes, and his longest scene was what, 5 minutes?

Goes without saying that I totally agree. I don't care for Mia's character, so I'm ready to be done with her, but I do like looking at Laramie. I don't know what the reason is behind Lloyd's character arc this season, although I thought his moments with Jimmy at the end were touching.

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
I have to wonder if Gil Birmingham, the actor who plays Rainwater, was busy filming something else during the production period for this season. He was only in a handful of episodes, and his longest scene was what, 5 minutes?

Goes without saying that I totally agree. I don't care for Mia's character, so I'm ready to be done with her, but I do like looking at Laramie. I don't know what the reason is behind Lloyd's character arc this season, although I thought his moments with Jimmy at the end were touching.

If you like looking at Laramie, you can also see her on the tv show Tacoma FD.

Last edited:

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Thread bump here.

I finally got caught up on and finished "1883" last night. Man, what a show. A complete 180 in terms of quality from the most recent season of "Yellowstone". That ending is going to stay with me for a long, long time.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Thread bump here.

I finally got caught up on and finished "1883" last night. Man, what a show. A complete 180 in terms of quality from the most recent season of "Yellowstone". That ending is going to stay with me for a long, long time.
Off the charts great.

Can't wait for 1932.

Reactions: CYdTracked

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Thread bump here.

I’m a little disappointed that we won’t have a second season of 1883. Can’t end it on that. Really hope 1932 is good.

CYTUTT

Nov 25, 2012
When I found out Sheriden played Travis, I was blown away! That guy is amazingly talented and it’s unfair. Great ability to develop endearing characters and sustain energy.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
When I found out Sheriden played Travis, I was blown away! That guy is amazingly talented and it’s unfair. Great ability to develop endearing characters and sustain energy.
The previews of all the new shows he has in the works for Paramount + look great too

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Season 5 premiers November 13th.

1932 is changing titles to 1923.

I like Josh Lucas, he actually auditioned for John Dutton that Costner was casted for. I kind of hope they eventually take the series up to the time he plays the character which I would guess would be around the 1980's? Must be some more flashback scenes coming that Josh will be a part of.

Have been watching some of the old episodes from time to time when they run a marathon and I miss the villains like the Beck brothers and Dan Jenkins compared to the current villains they have playing for the market equities group. Danny Huston and Neal McDonough are good actors who played their roles so well.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I like Josh Lucas, he actually auditioned for John Dutton that Costner was casted for. I kind of hope they eventually take the series up to the time he plays the character which I would guess would be around the 1980's? Must be some more flashback scenes coming that Josh will be a part of.

Have been watching some of the old episodes from time to time when they run a marathon and I miss the villains like the Beck brothers and Dan Jenkins compared to the current villains they have playing for the market equities group. Danny Huston and Neal McDonough are good actors who played their roles so well.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

I'd imagine we'll get series around WW2, the 60s and the 80s. I don't think Taylor Sheridan is anywhere near done with the Dutton legacy.

• Agree

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron