Year of the Cyclones starts now?

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Not likely given our history, but what if this is the last of the bad news for a while. What if starting this month Craig decides to stay. Paul Rhoads gets the team into a bowl game. Harrison decides on ISU. McD with Brackins and the newbies brings back the magic and makes it into the NCAA, Fennelly returns to the NCAA, and our new wrestling coach leads a senior laden wrestling team to a national title. Again, not likely...mostly because we are ISU but a guy can dream.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
KoolAid.jpg

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Your glass is half full. I like that!

Wish more people on this site thought that way!

well, it may not happen but no one can argue that the POTENTIAL for it to happen isn't there. And honestly if we can get someone who can coach as good as Cael could recruit those guys could very much win a national title next season. And a chip on your shoulder with something to prove never hurt anyone.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
well, it may not happen but no one can argue that the POTENTIAL for it to happen isn't there. And honestly if we can get someone who can coach as good as Cael could recruit those guys could very much win a national title next season. And a chip on your shoulder with something to prove never hurt anyone.

Joe Heskett.... Nobody seems to be talking about him, but I think he'd be a great hire!

cyking

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Boone
Not likely given our history, but what if this is the last of the bad news for a while. What if starting this month Craig decides to stay. Paul Rhoads gets the team into a bowl game. Harrison decides on ISU. McD with Brackins and the newbies brings back the magic and makes it into the NCAA, Fennelly returns to the NCAA, and our new wrestling coach leads a senior laden wrestling team to a national title. Again, not likely...mostly because we are ISU but a guy can dream.[/QUOTE

Positive thinking leads to winning teams. A true ISU fan.

P.S. the volleyball team makes it to the Final Four.

AustinCyclone

Nov 17, 2006
Austin, TX
I have always been a glass half full guy when it comes to the Clones as well, but I think a few of your points have some value. I could potentially see the football team in a bowl game at the end of this season; I am starting to get the feeling that CB might actually return for next season and if you combine that with what we have coming in I don't think a NCAA run is out of the question.

I don't forsee HB coming to ISU or the wrestling team winning a title, but if the football and basketball teams come through none of us will care about these last two items.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Not likely given our history, but what if this is the last of the bad news for a while. What if starting this month Craig decides to stay. Paul Rhoads gets the team into a bowl game. Harrison decides on ISU. McD with Brackins and the newbies brings back the magic and makes it into the NCAA, Fennelly returns to the NCAA, and our new wrestling coach leads a senior laden wrestling team to a national title. Again, not likely...mostly because we are ISU but a guy can dream.[/QUOTE

Positive thinking leads to winning teams. A true ISU fan.

P.S. the volleyball team makes it to the Final Four.

Nope...voleyball coach leaves in August. :jimlad:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron