XII Tourney Tickets

CyAg

May 22, 2006
That makes no sense...season ticket sales are north of 10,000...ISU's allocation is less than 4,400..what you are asking is to set aside donor levels..again I understand your frustration but step back and work this through.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
I think if you purchase two season ticket you should have the opportunity to purchase 2 tournament tickets, if you purchase 12 season tickets, you should have the opportunity to purchase 12 tournament tickets.

I know people who have not donated one dollar to the Cyclone Club who are piggy backing on big donor ticket allotment. That is the slippery slope. Non donating people who jump on the bandwagon are getting tickets at the expense of people who donate year after year.

Just do some networking with the big dawgs. You'll find a ticket.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Are other schools not selling their allotments because they know it essentially creates a home game for us?

swiese86

Jul 9, 2014
Ankeny
Could be with the strength of the Big 12 this year and the number of schools still in the hunt for the regular season title....fans from other schools are reluctant to give up tickets and may attend.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Could be with the strength of the Big 12 this year and the number of schools still in the hunt for the regular season title....fans from other schools are reluctant to give up tickets and may attend.

Or, fans of bottom feeder programs purchase from their school's allotment, then sell on the secondary market to KU & ISU fans for a significant profit.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
That makes no sense...season ticket sales are north of 10,000...ISU's allocation is less than 4,400

The allocation is more like 1,200-1,500. The other 3,000 tickets were purchased from the other schools.

Had ISU not been able to get tickets from other schools, nobody below the very top donor level would have gotten in.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I wouldn't be surprised if KU went after extra tickets because of how irritated they were with ISU's turnout.

It seems that KU fans may prefer to hear the Sprint center referred to as Phogg North, rather than Hilton South.

ISU fans are devious - they'll figure out a way to dominate the scene. :)

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if KU went after extra tickets because of how irritated they were with ISU's turnout.

KU fans don't flock to the Big 12 Tournament like we do. Probably just snobs. "We only go to late rounds of the NCAA tournament." Seriously, I was really surprised at how the P&L scene was dominated by Iowa State fans.

If the good guys aren't in the finals, KC will take a major economic hit.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It seems that KU fans may prefer to hear the Sprint center referred to as Phogg North, rather than Hilton South.

ISU fans are devious - they'll figure out a way to dominate the scene. :)

Seriously, there is a great scalping community in KC. It is legal and licensed. If you want the best tickets, the main scalper is in the street right by the entrance to the P&L pavilion.

Last year, there were tickets everywhere for the Thursday and Friday games, even Iowa State's. I bought the remaining strips from a K-State fan after they lost on Wednesday night and I couldn't give them away on Thursday . . . for the Morris beats Texas with no time on the clock game!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Not a top donor, but it was enough to get my tickets.

Sorry for those of you who got left out. If I were you, I would just show up, maybe even on Wed night, and buy remaining strips of tickets from fans whose team loses on the first night. There will be a row of scalpers doing the same, but if you wear Iowa State gear, you might get someone to prefer to sell to you because they want to see KU get beat.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
If someone wants to and can donate 12.5k+ every year I'm ok with them getting a few extra tickets.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
When does general admission open? Can't wait to spend 2 hours refreshing a screen to hit it half a second late and get no tickets.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Yep, we have been going for at least the last 10 years and we did not get tickets this year. I do understand that you have to grease the big donors, but it could be a slippery slope if you burn perhaps some of the most loyal and fanatic fans. Frustrating to say the least.

Been going 3 years too and no tickets for me this year. Like you, I get it but, I hate that the lower donors are loyal too and better we get, the less chance we have at tickets. Wish they would do it my when you put your request in but, I understand why they do it the way they do. Guess that's the price for being good!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron