Xavier Foster to SMU? Is this a done deal?

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010

Xavier looking like an NBA body. Will be fascinating to see how he does this year.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Xavier has all the talent. He reminds me of Shawn Taggart though. I don't know if he is hard enough. He has been told he is the best his whole life. Now he has to finally prove it. There are other guys his size and he is going to have to show he can compete with other people on his level.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
SMU's two other bigs on the roster are a transfer from Troy who averaged 11 & 7 last year and an Alabama transfer who didn't play in Tuscaloosa. Definitely some opportunity for Foster to have an impact.

SMU is preseason #151 on Torrvik fwiw. Taking a step back after losing Kendric Davis to Memphis.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Xavier has all the talent. He reminds me of Shawn Taggart though. I don't know if he is hard enough. He has been told he is the best his whole life. Now he has to finally prove it. There are other guys his size and he is going to have to show he can compete with other people on his level.
I don't have any insider information to tell me the truth of it, but it seems possible to me that not being hard enough for TJ's system doesn't necessarily make you not hard enough for another one. I'm sure it takes a special breed of player to give the kind of effort that TJ demands (I wouldn't want it any other way). That is, of course, not addressing any other factors for why he was asked to leave the team.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I don't have any insider information to tell me the truth of it, but it seems possible to me that not being hard enough for TJ's system doesn't necessarily make you not hard enough for another one. I'm sure it takes a special breed of player to give the kind of effort that TJ demands (I wouldn't want it any other way). That is, of course, not addressing any other factors for why he was asked to leave the team.

It's pretty obvious by now that Foster had/has some issues as far as focus and work ethic are concerned. That especially wouldn't mesh with the current culture of the ISU program. I'll be interested to see how he does at SMU. He could be mildly successful based on talent alone.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Thread bump reminded me, it was a little more than a year ago when Foster entered portal. (Roughly Oct. 14 from what I can find). Edit/addition - Oct. 7/8 he was no longer on team.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's pretty obvious by now that Foster had/has some issues as far as focus and work ethic are concerned. That especially wouldn't mesh with the current culture of the ISU program. I'll be interested to see how he does at SMU. He could be mildly successful based on talent alone.
Honestly, this is kind of how I'm slightly viewing it too. Almost a little like Shawn Taggert when he went to Memphis although I think X's ceiling is higher.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Just checked the SMU game and he didn’t get in. Is he injured again or just not cracking the ten deep rotation? Anyone with knowledge

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron