Xavier Foster to SMU? Is this a done deal?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Ironic that a religious school picked up a guy accused of sexual assault. I thought typically any religious school steered far away from this. SMU is a joke.
Actually, I think Baylor recruits them.

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
Speaking about Foster, I must admit to being fooled by his abilities. If you watched him in high school you saw a kid going thru the motions and thought "awww he is just bored and can turn it on when he wants". I dont have his stats but guessing almost half his shots in high school were 3s. He just camped out and bombed away.

Then X gets to college and you hear the rumblings that he wasnt taking it as serious as he should have. There were several people on this board that saw this coming and stated such. I have no ill will towards the kid but im guessing he is going to find it hard to flip the switch and play basketball at 100% effort level when he has been coasting the last few years he has been on a court.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Speaking about Foster, I must admit to being fooled by his abilities. If you watched him in high school you saw a kid going thru the motions and thought "awww he is just bored and can turn it on when he wants". I dont have his stats but guessing almost half his shots in high school were 3s. He just camped out and bombed away.

Then X gets to college and you hear the rumblings that he wasnt taking it as serious as he should have. There were several people on this board that saw this coming and stated such. I have no ill will towards the kid but im guessing he is going to find it hard to flip the switch and play basketball at 100% effort level when he has been coasting the last few years he has been on a court.
He still ended up a top-100 guy. Was that just based off of his size and potential, or what?

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
He still ended up a top-100 guy. Was that just based off of his size and potential, or what?
Being 7' and having the ability to shoot the 3 is always going to catch some eyes. From my perspective it looked like he was just going thru the motions. You can tell when someone LOVES a sport. I think with X he loved what came along with being an athlete (the off the court stuff)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

On the other hand he made a difference in spacing out the ball in his few appearances for ISU.

If it clicks for effort perhaps things change but oh well.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
SMU isn’t really a “religious” school. It was founded by (and still owned by, I think) the Methodist Church, but the church isn’t involved in running the curriculum and lets the educational administration run things however they see fit. The school claims to be officially non-sectarian.

From what I’ve heard, TCU does require one ‘religion’ class for all students, but it can be as simple as watching a movie with religious themes and writing a paper on it, so it’s not all that rigorous. TCU is affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), but it’s only slightly more “religious” than SMU.

Baylor and the Baptists, on the other hand …
I had a good friend from high school who went to TCU. This is pretty accurate to the way she explained it to me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron