WWE WrestleMania 33 Weekend Thread

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Rumor is Finn Balor will be coming to Triple H's aid. This is based on a recent house show where Trips and Balor were on opposite sides of a 6-man tag match, Trips "too sweeted" Balor, and Balor returned the BC "gun salute"

Also, Rollins is clearly selling the knee injury at this point. He probably isn't cleared for a regular match (which is why they're doing this non-sanctioned match - believe it or not it's actually safer and allows Rollins to pace himself better), but I doubt he's anywhere close to the pain he's letting on.

It's this. They're using the classic way to protect a guy coming back, but it sounds like something more severe.
I've never fully understood the idea of the "unsanctioned match." If this were real, what promoter would set themselves up for that kind of liability?

Sorry. That whole thing was my bad.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
It's this. They're using the classic way to protect a guy coming back, but it sounds like something more severe.
I've never fully understood the idea of the "unsanctioned match." If this were real, what promoter would set themselves up for that kind of liability?

Sorry. That whole thing was my bad.

That was the point of the "No Fault contract" Trips had Seth sign.

And don't tell me Taker-Reigns is turning into a Buried Alive match.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Shouldn't a Buried Alive match be anyone facing HHH?

0PfMfYb.gif

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
That was the point of the "No Fault contract" Trips had Seth sign.

And don't tell me Taker-Reigns is turning into a Buried Alive match.
Has too. That way when Reigns wins, he has finally put Taker to rest. Get it? Makes sense to end his career in a buried alive match.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
That WWE 24 looks awesome.

That WWE 24: WrestleMania Monday was cool. Most of it was spent chronicling Enzo and Cass' journey (and, as I suspected at the time, the Dudleys were dying inside during their promo - they were lauging their asses off in the Gorilla position afterwards), but they also covered Gallows and Anderson's arrival, Maryse's return, Cesaro's return, AJ Styles, other debuts, and just how crazy the crowd is that evening.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
It won't happen, but the Miz going over Cena at Mania would elevate him to the main event where he belongs with the way he has been killing it on Smackdown since the draft.