WWE Survivor Series (2019)/NXT TakeOver: War Games/AEW Full Gear Thread

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Forgot the start time. Just finished watching the women's war game's match. Holy **** that was amazing but I only imagine what it could of been with the full 8 women. NXT has the best women's division in wrestling.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Forgot the start time. Just finished watching the women's war game's match. Holy **** that was amazing but I only imagine what it could of been with the full 8 women. NXT has the best women's division in wrestling.

Just remember 2-3 months ago it was in terrible shape. Shayna Baszler had beaten all of her competitors (Io Shirai, Bianca Belair, Mia Yim), and Candice LeRae still hadn't escaped Johnny Gargano's shadow. Then Shayna Baszler beat Io Shirai again, and my first thought was "where the hell does the division go from here?"

Then Io turned on Candice.
Then Dakota Kai and Tegan Nox returned from their injuries
Then Rhea Ripley came over from UK

And in 2-3 months where I felt the NXT Women's division was at it's lowest, it's now as good, if not better, than it's ever been. And we still haven't changed champions yet.

I never doubted what HHH had planned, he just kept it so well hidden nobody had any idea. I've learned from the last several years HHH knows what the hell he's doing.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Rhea Ripley's team for Survivor Series tomorrow night is her, Candice LeRae, Bianca Belair, Io Shirai, and Toni Storm

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Interesting that AEW let Britt Baker go watch her guy who is her employers competition. No way WWE would let Renee Young go to a AEW show to watch Moxley.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Interesting that AEW let Britt Baker go watch her guy who is her employers competition. No way WWE would let Renee Young go to a AEW show to watch Moxley.

That’s not the part I found interesting (I’ve seen it often enough where talent from another promotion seeing a friend/family member wrestle. Velvet Sky showing up to the Dudley Boys WWE HOF induction and being on camera while I think she was still connected with Impact comes to mind). The part I found interesting was a WWE cameraman not knowing who the hell she was, and WWE being forced to acknowledge who she is and who she works for.

As far as AEW, they had to love that - free promotion from their primary rival during one of their biggest shows.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
That’s not the part I found interesting (I’ve seen it often enough where talent from another promotion seeing a friend/family member wrestle. Velvet Sky showing up to the Dudley Boys WWE HOF induction and being on camera while I think she was still connected with Impact comes to mind). The part I found interesting was a WWE cameraman not knowing who the hell she was, and WWE being forced to acknowledge who she is and who she works for.

As far as AEW, they had to love that - free promotion from their primary rival during one of their biggest shows.

I was surprised they mentioned her. I was about to come here and ask if that was her but then they mentioned it.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I was surprised they mentioned her. I was about to come here and ask if that was her but then they mentioned it.

So was I. HHH addressed that during the Facebook Live post show, which is where I got my info from. As I said, cameraman didn’t know who she was until it was too late, and once they showed her they felt they didn’t have a choice but to acknowledge who she was.

• Informative
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Watching these war games matches was great and would prefer these to the traditional survivor series elimination matches. I thought war games was elimination style with 2 rings and a cage, but when I discovered that 1 pinball or submission wins the match made it take on a whole new level of excitement.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So was I. HHH addressed that during the Facebook Live post show, which is where I got my info from. As I said, cameraman didn’t know who she was until it was too late, and once they showed her they felt they didn’t have a choice but to acknowledge who she was.

Do you have link where I can see this hhh facebook live post show?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron