WWE News/Discussion

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
On tonights episode of Raw, they announced Batista AKA The Animal will be making his return in a month.

I don't watch the show very much, but WWE needs Shane McMahon to leave his job in China and come back to the company. I think he was behind the Attitude Era idea, because since he's left, the show hasn't been as great as it was when he was there. Since Cena became big, no one has become an A-Lister.

One may argue Orton, but they ran out of legends for him to "kill" and he didn't do much except have random feuds with nobodies.

One may argue Ryback, but they screwed the pooch on that one, because he was the **** until they turned him heel.

The best is probably Bryan. I hated him and thought they were trying to hard to make him big, but I started to eventually like him, and now he is pretty fun to watch. They kind of killed his excitement though after they took his belt from him.

Anyhow, since Cena is their biggest guy and they keep building guys up and killing them off, they need to keep bringing back old A-Listers to keep ratings up - Rock, Lesnar, Batista. They need to use these guys to build up future wrestlers, and keep those future wrestlers A-Listers.

My God, the Dudley brothers were better to watch then 90% of what is on RAW now, and they were probably the easiest creation in the history of fake wrestling.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Was going to post this news cubsy but was afraid of the abuse that I would get. PUMPED FOR THE RETURN OF THE ANIMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Also as many of said before the thing that has changed WWE was the Benoit incident. Ever since then everything has been PG

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Also as many of said before the thing that has changed WWE was the Benoit incident. Ever since then everything has been PG

This is when it all started. WWE went from showing blood at damn near every PPV to essentially vowing never to do it again.

I still watched for awhile after that....I stopped watching when they started doing all the quick zoom in/zoom out nonsense with the cameras during "big hits." I want to enjoy watching decent wrasslin,' not get motion sickness.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Great topic. I was just thinking the other day how awesome pro wrestling was my senior year of high school/freshman year of college in 1996 and 97. You had the birth of the NWO and rise of WCW while you had the birth of the Attitude Era in the WWF. Lines were crossed, rules were forgotten, weekly promos and shoots were epic...it was can't miss TV.

I haven't been able to watch the WWE in a while...not since CM Punk dominated the summer of 2011 with his anti establishment pipe bomb shoots. The Rock-Cena buildup was entertaining the first time but having the same exact thing the next year was beating a dead horse. Cena makes it unwatchable for me. Randy Orton is bland. Daniel Bryan is cool but how long can they ride his gimmick.

They just don't have the stable of personalities like in the glory years of 97-2003. The great feuds were endless...Bret-Shawn, Stone Cold-Rock, Bret-Stone Cold, Rock-Triple H, Stone Cold-Triple H, Stone Cold-Vince. Then you had guys like Undertaker, Mick Foley, Jericho and Kane to mix in.

I love youtube because you can go back and watch all that classic stuff...the early NWO stuff and the mutual realistic hatred of Bret and Shawn when both are heels in 1997 are the best

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
This is when it all started. WWE went from showing blood at damn near every PPV to essentially vowing never to do it again.

I still watched for awhile after that....I stopped watching when they started doing all the quick zoom in/zoom out nonsense with the cameras during "big hits." I want to enjoy watching decent wrasslin,' not get motion sickness.

The storyline that had just happened prior to the benoit incident was vince's limo being blown up.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I'm guessing they aren't going to do anything like this on next week's Raw

[video=youtube;y_s-CKQzPmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_s-CKQzPmM[/video]

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I quit watching when they started ignoring the 10 second count out rule

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I'm guessing they aren't going to do anything like this on next week's Raw

[video=youtube;y_s-CKQzPmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_s-CKQzPmM[/video]

USA fined them after this, and the WWE had no idea he was bringing out a gun, even though it was fake.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Wrestling was awesome when I was like 13. Went to Hilton for I think 2 Raws, 2nd was kinda meh but the first was during the whole Raw is Jericho stuff which was cool. If I was 13 I'm sure it'd still be coolish, but not as great as it was back then.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Wrestling was awesome when I was like 13. Went to Hilton for I think 2 Raws, 2nd was kinda meh but the first was during the whole Raw is Jericho stuff which was cool. If I was 13 I'm sure it'd still be coolish, but not as great as it was back then.

Yeah, I specifically remember two shows at Hilton. One was right around the Y2J thing (think the countdown may have even ended at that Hilton show), and one was HLA with Eric Bischoff as the GM.

mksmith2

Apr 30, 2010
Ames, IA
From what I can tell, WWE matches are fun to go to as a live event. I used to watch it a lot, ever since I started reading With Leather (I blame all those other links of the right side of the pages) I've been keeping up...kind of. Fact is it's the male soap opera, and I'm okay with that. As long as they put together some decent stuff...and maybe it was crap when I was young and I didn't know it...but it has definitely lost it's luster. (Actually I quit watching right after the Benoit incident...I actually liked the guy as a wrestler. In hindsight, it shouldn't have surprised me as much as it did then, I mean LOOK at the guy how was that NOT roid enhanced? )

I hope the WWE gets back to some sort of better form, I mean I'll keep watching, I probably won't buy any PPV's and unless I find some friends that would be down for going to a live show, I probably won't watch it live unfortunately. So as far as I see it, they're welcome to do whatever they want. I'm really not their main demographic (although I'm sure my age says otherwise to them).

isu22andy

Sep 17, 2012
Time to add "People still watch WWE" to the real life facts that blow your mind thread . Woof.