WWE Elimination Chamber (2020)/AEW Revolution Thread

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Dynamite has been so good for 3 straight weeks. Omega/Pac was the type of banger match you expect on a ppv and they just gave it away on tv. Same goes for Omega & Hangman/Lucha Bros last week. Starting the show hot with a lights out match is really smart and WWE should take notes.

The build for Revolution has been so damn good it’s got me thinking it will be their best ppv yet. Cody/MJF and Jericho/Mox feuds have both been great but The Elite storyline has me so confused in the best way possible. Love that it’s been going as long as it has and there’s no clear face/heel yet. Hoping the Bucks wind up turning because they’re so much better as the cocky **** heels.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The only thing I heard them bleep out was the crowd chanting "You ain't #hit!" in the Omega/ Pac match. Never bleep out anything Jericho said. Pretty solid show last night.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I haven’t watched any pro wrestling in a bit, so I cancelled my subscription to the WWE Network. After seeing that Goldberg won, I see that my decision has been validated.
Canceled mine a while ago but might fire it up again so I can have the satisfaction of canceling yet again.

Candide

Jan 4, 2020
Livin the Moon Times
Moxley Jericho is going to be so good.

I don't know if it was the last time they fought, but this happened:

w640xh480_Capture.jpg

This is going to be awesome!

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So they put the Universal title on someone that's even more part time than Brock Lesnar and buried The Fiend in the process. And then I wonder to myself why most of the time WWE is nothing more than background noise while I do other things anymore.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
That was a pretty disappointing show:
  1. Lesner beats Ricochet in about 45 seconds (You knew Lesner would win, but what a waste of a long ass trip for that match).
  2. Cage match wasn't worth having in a cage; neither one did anything worthy of that set up (yes, they traded punches at the top of the cage, but nothing close to a Mick Foley moment).
  3. Goldberg beating the Fiend? The match took less time than my last **** (which I get for Goldberg, but the match was ******).
  4. The gauntlet match looked poorly planned and executed in some spots.
  5. I'm a little confused by Garza being pushed so heavy and winning as much as he has.
Overall, I get they brought out the big guns for that crowd (Undertaker, Goldberg, Lesner). But that show just didn't do it for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Macloney

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
That was a pretty disappointing show:
  1. Lesner beats Ricochet in about 45 seconds (You knew Lesner would win, but what a waste of a long ass trip for that match).
  2. Cage match wasn't worth having in a cage; neither one did anything worthy of that set up (yes, they traded punches at the top of the cage, but nothing close to a Mick Foley moment).
  3. Goldberg beating the Fiend? The match took less time than my last **** (which I get for Goldberg, but the match was ******).
  4. The gauntlet match looked poorly planned and executed in some spots.
  5. I'm a little confused by Garza being pushed so heavy and winning as much as he has.
Overall, I get they brought out the big guns for that crowd (Undertaker, Goldberg, Lesner). But that show just didn't do it for me.

What you said here is one of two reasons why I don't bother with the Saudi shows anymore, the other being political - I haven't watched one since Kashoggi(sp?). I'm also on a work trip inside workshops with next to no cellular reception as well, so I probably wouldn't have been able to watch anyway.

KHoing07

Jun 20, 2018
What you said here is one of two reasons why I don't bother with the Saudi shows anymore, the other being political - I haven't watched one since Kashoggi(sp?). I'm also on a work trip inside workshops with next to no cellular reception as well, so I probably wouldn't have been able to watch anyway.
It's sports entertainment who cares about the political crap

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I personally won't watch a show funded with blood money where women are supposed to feel lucky to go out there in oversized t shirts. Beyond that, the shows suck because the people paying for the shows just want to see old/part timers win and Vince appeases them because of the aforementioned blood money. **** the Saudi shows.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

1. Is it, though? While WWE is far from it's prime, the Saudi shows are particularly bad.

2. As has been pointed out, it's blood money.

3. More and more of the roster is refusing to do the show despite the much larger than usual payday that is given for doing it. These kinds of things happen when the Saudi government forces the charter flight to sit on the runway for something like 18 hours for reasons that are still unclear - all while Vince got out of Dodge hours earlier, essentially leaving his talent high and dry to deal with it on their own.

4. You assume it's Democrat-Republican politics - it's not. It's geopolitical, something that transcends the petty squabbling that most political arguments are.

Reactions: HitItHard58

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Never should have put the belt on The Fiend to start with and, therefore, booked yourself into a corner. He didn't need the belt to feud with Bryan or Orton or Strowman or Cena. You could have taken a year and a half and put the belt on him at Mania NEXT year.

I also think I'd have had him wrestle as Fun House Bray most of the time where he'd take offense, snap, beat the living crap out of someone and then picked them up and shaken hands and tried to be all happy to be their friend afterwards.

I assume we're getting Goldberg-Reigns and Fiend-Cena at Mania and now they've booked themselves into ANOTHER corner where if The Fiend doesn't go over Cena, he loses all momentum.

Its too bad that SmackDown being so bad has overshadowed all the good stuff that's going on on Raw. Lesnar-McIntyre is going to be great. Rollins-Owens should be really good too as song as its not an overbooked, run-in filled circus. I also hope they find something good for Aliester Black. I HATE his look but man can that guy go in the ring.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I'm curious when we will actually see the Kabuki Warriors wrestle as a tag team again. I mean, they are the champs. That title hasn't been defended in quite a while. It's probably time to have another team be the champs.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron