Wrestling Team to meet Pollard at 3:00 today?

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
This is a fan message board, we'd be bored without idle chitchat and rumors.

I'm about 33 miles from the Jacobsen building, so I appreciate words on the wind.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Well, I'd like that better than alot of other "news" that happens here. :smile:

I for one appreciate SPOONER's efforts. I don't know him from anyone I pass on the street - he may be some jerk yanking our chains with all this, but I don't think he is.

As it is, he and one or two others seem to have the only insight there is. And I give them credit for putting a name out there, right or wrong, and not the the congratulatory "pat oneself on the back" posting of "oh, I got good news today, but can't tell you what it is" we see so often.

I agree with you, DaddyMac -- except for one thing.

I agree Spooner has all the best intentions in the world of trying to keep us all informed first. Unfortunately for Spooner, some of his posts concerning hires have not been entirely accurate for one reason or another.

Because of that, many may feel Spooner doesn't quite have the "inside" sources to be a solid poster in this matter -- sort of like the boy who cried wolf.

I'm like you. I think Spooner's heart is in the right place, but it may have been better for him had he waited and confirmed a couple of more things before posting.

Spooner's biggest asset is his enthusiasm -- it can also be one of Spooner's biggest liabilities.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Dan Mac is coming back to hand calp and lead the team tho victory in wrestling in his spare time.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Did you get a new source or are you just throwing crap out there like before?

I'll stick with Kurt Angle, Marty Jannetty and the Big Boss Man...

Big Boss Man is dead....how about Stone Cold Steve Austin...:jimlad:

SPOONER

Apr 16, 2009
I agree with you, DaddyMac -- except for one thing.

I agree Spooner has all the best intentions in the world of trying to keep us all informed first. Unfortunately for Spooner, some of his posts concerning hires have not been entirely accurate for one reason or another.

Because of that, many may feel Spooner doesn't quite have the "inside" sources to be a solid poster in this matter -- sort of like the boy who cried wolf.

I'm like you. I think Spooner's heart is in the right place, but it may have been better for him had he waited and confirmed a couple of more things before posting.

Spooner's biggest asset is his enthusiasm -- it can also be one of Spooner's biggest liabilities.

I don't mind this stuff. I don't take myself or the Internet that seriously. I've never run and hid from anything I've posted, either.

Coaching searches are a funny thing. Opinions by decision makes can change by the minute. One day it's likely one guy, the next it's another. It's the nature of the beast.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I don't mind this stuff. I don't take myself or the Internet that seriously. I've never run and hid from anything I've posted, either.

Coaching searches are a funny thing. Opinions by decision makes can change by the minute. One day it's likely one guy, the next it's another. It's the nature of the beast.

As someone who knows Jamie Pollard, I disagree with you. He does not operate on the flavor of the day principal. He has a plan, does his due dilligence and works to get the job done. It doesn't change by the minute. It may in the rumor mill and on message boards, and that's just fine. It keeps it interesting.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
WHA??? What about the Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart? :biglaugh:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Okay, call me stupid but at one point I could have sworn "The Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart" and Marty were one in the same.

Think about it, you never saw the two together in one place. :jimlad:

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Okay, call me stupid but at one point I could have sworn "The Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart" and Marty were one in the same.

Think about it, you never saw the two together in one place. :jimlad:

The things that make one go "hmmmm..."

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
As someone who knows Jamie Pollard, I disagree with you. He does not operate on the flavor of the day principal. He has a plan, does his due dilligence and works to get the job done. It doesn't change by the minute.

I don't understand this post. It looks to be obvious that he has been turned down by more than one coach; that means his "plan" has had to be changed.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I don't understand this post. It looks to be obvious that he has been turned down by more than one coach; that means his "plan" has had to be changed.

But he plans for his plans to be changed so in effect his plans DON'T change because his plan incorporates change thus it doesn't change.

That being said - I trust JP but don't really care about wrestling other than its a slow news week(s) and it gives me something to do during my internet breaks.

My vote is for Bulldog Bob Brown.

Reactions: LeaningCy

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
As someone who knows Jamie Pollard, I disagree with you. He does not operate on the flavor of the day principal. He has a plan, does his due dilligence and works to get the job done. It doesn't change by the minute. It may in the rumor mill and on message boards, and that's just fine. It keeps it interesting.

I don't necessarly disagree with you, Tornado man, but I totally can't agree.

I don't think any of US can say there were coaches who turned Pollard down. We don't know if Pollard offered the job to anyone.

I think it is pretty normal for Pollard to call people who he would like to have as a head coach to see if there is any interest. Some have told him they weren't interested, so he moved on.

After making those calls, Pollard began his search for a coach who would be interested in the job.

I'm just guessing that's how Pollard worked, but it makes some sense to me. I think that's what ketelmeister was referring to. Pollard had a plan.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
How bout the Undertaker? Dim the lights and start the music to come into the arena. The other team would **** their pants :yes:

I'd go one step further in that ISU should wheel in a coffin and place it near the entrance of the opponents' lockerroom.

CyTom

Mar 30, 2006
Des Moines
The Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart would be ideal if he could get in the opposing wrestler's head and take them out of their game!

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
But he plans for his plans to be changed so in effect his plans DON'T change because his plan incorporates change thus it doesn't change.

That being said - I trust JP but don't really care about wrestling other than its a slow news week(s) and it gives me something to do during my internet breaks.

My vote is for Bulldog Bob Brown.

What happens if his plans don't change? Then he planed for changes that didn't happen so his plans change to being plans with no planned changes.