Wrestling Team to meet Pollard at 3:00 today?

Earwood

Apr 30, 2009
I am ready for the new coach to be announced. For God's sake I have been checking these message boards every ten minutes since Cael left. If they do not hire someone soon I am going to get my fired for lack of productivity.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
If they are in fact meeting with Pollard, it might just be so he can update the whole team on the coaching search. Next week is finals week, so this might be his last chance to meet with them before they all head their separate ways for the summer.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
The big news won't be who he's meeting, but who he's bringing to the meeting.
This. Now to find out where Pollard is at on campus so I can track him after work...:wink:
If they are in fact meeting with Pollard, it might just be so he can update the whole team on the coaching search. Next week is finals week, so this might be his last chance to meet with them before they all head their separate ways for the summer.
I'm guessing new coach. You don't want to send the wrestlers off for the summer without having introduced to them the coach. That's just giving them too much time to think.
Pollard is naming himself coach. Heard it here first.
I thought he had already hired Brackins. :twitcy:

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
I thought this had already been decided. I heard from the coach on a news conference. I think his name was Brackins.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I would guess a new coach as well. And it shows JP has class to announce it to the team first. If you or I were on the team, we would appreciate it.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I am going to say that he does not have a coach yet, but maybe has it down to a final 2 or 3 and is looking for the wrestlers opinions on the coaches. I assume the new coach will be named within the next 2 days if not today.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
I would guess a new coach as well. And it shows JP has class to announce it to the team first. If you or I were on the team, we would appreciate it.

You are kidding, right? He has class to tell the team first? Do you really think he'd announce a coach before the athletic deparment, including team, knew? Class?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I'd be suprised if he's telling the team of a hire, without so much as the rumor of a hire being made, nor an official presser in the works.

My guess is he's just updating the team, making sure everyone feels looked after and such.

SPOONER

Apr 16, 2009
I can confirm the 3PM meeting. I can't confirm a press conference.

JP made another run at Terry Brands. Shot down again.

I think Bobby Douglas is going to be involved with the program again.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
I'd be suprised if he's telling the team of a hire, without so much as the rumor of a hire being made, nor an official presser in the works.

My guess is he's just updating the team, making sure everyone feels looked after and such.

I actually heard early this morning from a reliable source that jackson was offered last night. So I would put my money on Jackson being named coach before the weekend.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron