Wow, the Big XII/Mizzou Divorce...

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Good article, worth a read. Favorite part:

On Oct. 24, an anonymous Big 12 administrator told the Austin American-Statesman the conference would be better off with West Virginia than Missouri. The official said, "West Virginia has better football than Missouri, better basketball than Missouri, a better budget than Missouri and more passion among its fans than Missouri. They're better, anyway you turn 'em."

"Wow," [MU AD Mike] Alden wrote to [OSU AD Mike] Holder. "I didn't know folks harbored that kind of sentiment about us."

Yeah, we all think that.

Last edited:

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Sucks to suck Missouri! I knew this day would come that they start to think twice about their decision but I never would have thought it would come this early. Best part of all is they haven't even left yet! Edit: after getting more in depth in the article it says ,it talks about KC businesses trying to get MU to stay. Either way, Missouri WILL regret its decision. They are the northern outlier in a southern conference.

Last edited:

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Even an article in the Columbia newspaper can't make MU look good in this.

Alswelk

Slightly Radioactive
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
$EC is what they are thinking.

And on top of that, the administration is doing what it can to undermine and dismantle my graduate department there. To hell with them.

Are they trying to foist all the Nuc E programs over on S&T?

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
On related note I liked how the Baylor fans were chanting big 12 rejects last night at the end of the Colorado game

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
Are they trying to foist all the Nuc E programs over on S&T?

No, they are just removing the identity of the nuclear engineering program. You'll still be able to get graduate degrees in nuclear engineering (well, for now at least) but it will be apart of other departments not its own. Basically, they are neutering it, which is disappointing, since that graduate program brings in a lot of research money. Nuclear engineering is the only bright spot in engineering at Mizzou.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Looks like Brady Denton has sank their ship for the future. He was head honcho in B12 and his dreams of grandeur exceeded his smarts.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
On related note I liked how the Baylor fans were chanting big 12 rejects last night at the end of the Colorado game

It was funny, but I just don't have the same animosity towards Colorado as others. Would have been funnier against Nebraska, A$M, or Mizzwho.

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
Looks like Brady Denton has sank their ship for the future. He was head honcho in B12 and his dreams of grandeur exceeded his smarts.

Deaton is the driving force behind the effort to diminish and eliminate my graduate program. This is his third attempt at doing so. Previous attempts were stopped by the UM system president. Speculation is that this latest attempt is in retaliation for the mini "revolt" spearheaded by a well respected member of the nuclear science and engineering research community where by his faculty committee sent a letter to Deaton recommending the reversal of his decision to fire another faculty member in 2010.

Clearly, Deaton is a butt hole and needs to be fired. Probably will in the near future.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Re: Wow, the Big XII/Mizzou Divorce...

Originally Posted by clones26

I really don't hate on Colorado. They really actually should be in the Pac 12. It made sense.
Missouri and A@M are the two that make me mad. However, Still like the chant. However, you said Baylor Fans. As in Plural??? I am confused.

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
Where are the quotes from Neinas (sp) that detail Missouri trying to submarine the Big 12 the whole time they were walking the SEC street corner in high heels and a tube top? They need to go away now and take their "Alabama and LSU need to slap a ho" beatings.

89Oklahoma

Feb 26, 2012
Edmond, OK
It's really hard to hate Colorado for their move. They moved before the other 5 Big 12 teams because they were afraid that Baylor would wrangle their way into CU's spot. I wonder if they would have stayed if they would have waited until OU/UT and others decided to stay before they made their announcement to accept the Pac invitation. Either way, I'm sad they're gone but happy for them if they are happy in their new league. They were always kind of the oddball in the Big 8/12.