Wow, Raiders fire Jackson after one 8-8 season

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
Are the Raiders spending more money now on ex coaches than current coaches?

I'm hoping that they name all of their ex-coaches as signal callers for 2012. Maybe they can just skype in the plays.

Can you imagine if you had Art Shell, Bill Callahan, Lane Kiffin, Tom Cable and Jon Gruden back on the sidelines?

It'd be like Slapshot for football.

I say bring back Madden.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
It was in Al Davis's will to fire whatever coach was coaching at the end of the year this year and for the next 5 years. It was also in his will to move the team to L.A. next year and immediatley return the following year.

Reactions: Bret44

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Is there any other organization in the world of professional sports that is as remotely dysfunctional as the Raiders? Jackson had his team playing hard the whole year, the only reason I can see firing him is if he was behind that ridiculous Carson Palmer trade...

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Pathetic. If McFadden never got hurt the raiders would have run away this the division. Palmer is solid but was rusty. You could tell from his play he didn't do much working out during his holdout from Cincy.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I think a big reason they gave him the axe was that Oakland dropped four of their last five games. The Raiders had been in position to claim their division up to that point had they been able to not choke down the stretch. Oakland ultimately finished in a three-way 8-8 tie for first place with Denver and San Diego and obviously the tie-breakers kept them out of the playoffs.

Yeah, he probably should have been given at least another year to make something happen, but that's life in Oak-town.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron