Would Caitlin Clark play

Status
Not open for further replies.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
In college I knew a few guys who practiced against the ISU womens team as essentially the “practice squad”. Most guys were good Iowa High School basketball players, but not good enough to play at anything higher than D3 level. They would routinely dominate the women’s team every day in practice. It’s just not comparable.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Great player.

Might be a low level D3 walk-on.

Why do male high school players(?) become practice competition in practice at the D1 level?

Because they provide a higher level of competition than their teammates can provide.

She'd still get killed at a D3 school. Heck she'd still be a small guard at D3.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
In men's college basketball? She'd have to adapt to the ball (no idea if she ever shoots a regular one now or not), but if she could do that, sure. She can flat out shoot. Would have to find a way to hide her on defense with a zone or she'd get overpowered.

No way college level male defenders would let her get a shot off. She's too good of a shooter. They would be all over her.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Great player.

Might be a low level D3 walk-on.

Why do male high school players(?) become practice competition in practice at the D1 level?

Because they provide a higher level of competition than their teammates can provide.
D3s don't offer scholarships smartass.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
I'll say this...most of the responses in this thread are comparing women's BB 20 years ago to men. It used to be unwatchable, but the women's game has gotten 1000% better in the last 10-20 years. Of course, she would not be a superstar or even probably regular rotation player, but it's a lot closer than many of you think.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'll say this...most of the responses in this thread are comparing women's BB 20 years ago to men. It used to be unwatchable, but the women's game has gotten 1000% better in the last 10-20 years. Of course, she would not be a superstar or even probably regular rotation player, but it's a lot closer than many of you think.
She would get owned hard by any starting guard in the B12.

Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The big differences for her would be when she drives she likes to chicken wing the other players for separation. She can do that to Lexi, now replace Lexi with Jaren and she does that, she isn’t getting any push. Now if she gets around him, she has to deal with Osun as a rim protector instead of Kane. Her drives are dead. So she would be a shooter. There is a pretty good difference when you are shooting the men’s and women’s ball. You wouldn’t think so when you say it’s an inch, but it makes a good difference. Throw in that now she has a 6-2 to a 6-5 guard on her instead of a 5-9 to 6-0 and her vision will be tougher along with a longer wingspan and more vertical. She wouldn’t be a D1 mens player.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
When I was in Jr high, the hs women's ball coach wanted our 8th grade boys to scrimmage the hs girls one practice. Our 1 guy over 6' and easily our best player was not allowed to play. Small hs, girls were a top 3 team in conference.

The girls made their first shot. 2-0. Then the ladies coach called it off after we went on a 40-0 run off of about 17 straight turnovers.

Women can compete in a lot of things with men, but not things that involve running and jumping.

She is the most exciting women's player I've ever seen (maybe next to griner), but I doubt she'd see playing time on many d3 men's teams.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When I was in Jr high, the hs women's ball coach wanted our 8th grade boys to scrimmage the hs girls one practice. Our 1 guy over 6' and easily our best player was not allowed to play. Small hs, girls were a top 3 team in conference.

The girls made their first shot. 2-0. Then the ladies coach called it off after we went on a 40-0 run off of about 17 straight turnovers.

Women can compete in a lot of things with men, but not things that involve running and jumping.

She is the most exciting women's player I've ever seen (maybe next to griner), but I doubt she'd see playing time on many d3 men's teams.
I would give her d3. Some of those teams are pretty bad. It’s like HS backups at time.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
The most surprising thing about this thread is that anyone replied to the OP. Maybe it's more obvios that they're a troll after the dumbass post on the game thread.

DrFlirt is probably going to be on CF all day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron