Would Caitlin Clark play

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I'll say this...most of the responses in this thread are comparing women's BB 20 years ago to men. It used to be unwatchable, but the women's game has gotten 1000% better in the last 10-20 years. Of course, she would not be a superstar or even probably regular rotation player, but it's a lot closer than many of you think.
And the men's game hasn't gotten any better?

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Is is that she's a woman?
There is no arguing she is really good and the womens game has changed, but its laughable this is something that gets discussed still.
you can go watch Central play, which is D3 basketball in Iowa and find a 250 6-10 center, guards are going to be 6-0 to 6-5 and will still dunk on you. Clark can maybe touch the bottom of the backboard?

so the fact that anyone thinks she would play high level D1 mens basketball is laughable. Kind of like when people were having the argument that Britney Griner would beat Demarcus cousins in 1v1.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
All she'd be able to do is stand out at the 3 pt line and knock down wide open 3's. On defense, she wouldn't be able to guard anyone pretty much.

Reactions: ISU_Guy

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
She's obviously a fantastic talent in the women's game but the difference in athleticism is just too great. She MIGHT be able to make a boys 3A high school team.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
And the men's game hasn't gotten any better?
Not at the rate the women's game has. Not even close. As a wrestler growing up, I hated Title IX. As a parent of girls I can see what amazing things it has done for women's athletics.

Just look at wrestling as an example. The very best girls qualify for boys state and place occasionally. The gap has closed drastically.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not at the rate the women's game has. Not even close. As a wrestler growing up, I hated Title IX. As a parent of girls I can see what amazing things it has done for women's athletics.

Just look at wrestling as an example. The very best girls qualify for boys state and place occasionally. The gap has closed drastically.
With wrestling it has to do to actually having the girls association having it as a sport. For basketball, the gap closed a bit about 20 years ago. It is starting to spread again the last 7-10 years though.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I doubt she would make many logo shots or handle the ball as well with larger bb

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I doubt she would make many logo shots or handle the ball as well with larger bb
I was in HS when the smaller ball came out. The boys had practice after the girls a couple times and the girls coach always said the ball was dumb. He would make us watch him as he told us how bad the ball was while he stood at half court and just canned 75% of his shots. Said that the girls shouldn’t miss with this ball.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'll say this...most of the responses in this thread are comparing women's BB 20 years ago to men. It used to be unwatchable, but the women's game has gotten 1000% better in the last 10-20 years. Of course, she would not be a superstar or even probably regular rotation player, but it's a lot closer than many of you think.
The women’s game may have gotten better (so has the men’s), but more importantly, the speed and athleticism gap is still there and its arguably wider.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
All she'd be able to do is stand out at the 3 pt line and knock down wide open 3's. On defense, she wouldn't be able to guard anyone pretty much.
She struggles to defend as it is. And that's other women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron