Worst National Anthem of ALL TIME

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
A person responsible for such hallowed songs as "My Humps" and "Let's Get ********" produced a cringeworthy rendition of the anthem? I'm shocked. Shocked, I tells ya.

Seriously though, it's Fergie. If she didn't wet herself, you have to call it a win.

It’s also the NBA. You don’t truly understand it until you’re high as balls.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
That was a rather rough/unique version of the national anthem.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
I refuse to watch/listen to it. Hearing how bad it was is enough for me. I can't stand it when singers mess with the anthem. It's hard enough to sing normally; very few can make it their own and pull it off - Whitney Houston and Pink come to mind and a couple of the few.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I am so confused by the entire lineup of music last night. I mean, I love N.E.R.D., and enjoy their new album, that I understood. But Luda hasn't been super-relevant since, what, 2007? And Fergie lost her lovely lady lumps sometime during the mid 00s. That's all before you even take into account the 60-year-old-acting-sexy rendition she did.

Chance the Rapper was laughing his ass off - as was most of the starting lineup.

• Funny
Reactions: pulse

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I refuse to watch/listen to it. Hearing how bad it was is enough for me. I can't stand it when singers mess with the anthem. It's hard enough to sing normally; very few can make it their own and pull it off - Whitney Houston and Pink come to mind and a couple of the few.
So, kind of off topic, but that's one reason why I think we should change our national anthem to my country tis of thee. It sounds much better and is easier to sing.

Also, Fergie was actually better than I expected. It was bad, but I didn't see it live, so after reading the comments here I was prepared for something even worse.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So, kind of off topic, but that's one reason why I think we should change our national anthem to my country tis of thee. It sounds much better and is easier to sing.

Also, Fergie was actually better than I expected. It was bad, but I didn't see it live, so after reading the comments here I was prepared for something even worse.
Yeah, I'm with you. It's bad, but not worth all the attention it's getting.

Here's my hot take for the day. Let's not sing the national anthem before every single sporting event.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Roseanne did hers as a joke. Georgie was trying. Carl Lewis probably has the worst by someone who was trying. Fergie just won for worst by someone who does it as a professional singer

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I kinda liked it.
DWXLI0yVwAAHjPg.jpg

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
I wonder if she was going for something like Marvin Gaye's All-Star game performance:

Marvin stuck to the notes, Fergie tried to improvise, didn't work. Always liked the Nike commercial they did back in 2008:

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz

But it's not like the SSB is hard to sing. I mean, yeah, I couldn't sound good singing it but you can go to your local high school's choir department and find a bunch of kids that sing it beautifully.

• Disagree
Reactions: clonecone420