Wish me luck

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Hi all, going on 4 years now. Just dropped in to say I realize how many friends I've lost since I stopped drinking. It's made me a bit sad but its certainly not a reason to start again.

I see pictures from people doing things I used to do but haven't called me in 2 years to participate. Anything from golf to softball to whatever...

Maybe I'm just not fun sober.

Congrats on almost 4 years! You should be incredibly proud of your accomplishment.

As for your friends, I’d bet that them avoiding you is much more about them than it is about you. They might feel guilty or they might not want to face a problem that they might have.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Hi all, going on 4 years now. Just dropped in to say I realize how many friends I've lost since I stopped drinking. It's made me a bit sad but its certainly not a reason to start again.

I see pictures from people doing things I used to do but haven't called me in 2 years to participate. Anything from golf to softball to whatever...

Maybe I'm just not fun sober.

Thx for the update and sharing such great progress. You should be very proud of yourself!!

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

bhutch65

Sep 17, 2007
Coralville
Hey folks, five years sober.

Probably signing out for good :)

Congrats! Something to be celebrated.

I have been sober for over a decade and I need to be vigilant at all times.

Had 3 years once and drank. 10 years another time and drank. Both times I never knew if I'd make it back.

When people tell you that alcoholism is progressive, My experience makes it evident they are stating the truth.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'm a regular poster with a new name for this. After a lot of praying and talking it's time to admit I'm an alcoholic. For the past 15 years my life has revolved around alcohol. I need to stop before I hit rock bottom.

As of Saturday I've had my last drink. I must succeed. I will succeed.

Wish me luck.
Good luck dude. You can do it! I would guess most here would say, post here anytime you might need support.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron