Wins over Iowa and Texas Tech....

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
FYI Texas A&M as bad as they have choked, and god have they choked! Here are the teams they have choked against......

#2 Okie State
#6 Arkansas
Missouri
#13 Kansas State

other loss is to #5 Oklahoma.

4 out of 5 losses to teams ranked in top 13. Little different than getting pounded by Nebraska and Notre Dame this year like Michigan State has

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
FYI Texas A&M as bad as they have choked, and god have they choked! Here are the teams they have choked against......

#2 Okie State
#6 Arkansas
Missouri
#13 Kansas State

other loss is to #5 Oklahoma.

4 out of 5 losses to teams ranked in top 13. Little different than getting pounded by Nebraska and Notre Dame this year like Michigan State has

Losing at home three times, and getting throttled on the road doesn't mean they are a good team.

How's this, who have they beat that would make you think they could beat MSU, let alone destroy them? Is it SMU? Idaho? Tech? Baylor? Or ISU? Their best wins are ISU and Baylor.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Losing at home three times, and getting throttled on the road doesn't mean they are a good team.

How's this, who have they beat that would make you think they could beat MSU, let alone destroy them? Is it SMU? Idaho? Tech? Baylor? Or ISU? Their best wins are ISU and Baylor.

Baylor is ranked higher than any of MSU's wins according to Sagarin.

And despite 5 losses Sagarin still has A&M has 9th. Are they the 9th best team in the country? Obviously not, but if they were in the Big 10 they would win whatever division they were in IMO

hawkeyescott

Jun 13, 2008

And despite 5 losses Sagarin still has A&M has 9th. Are they the 9th best team in the country? Obviously not, but if they were in the Big 10 they would win whatever division they were in IMO

Just like how Nebraska was going to come in and dominate.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

Ratings according to RPI (somebody else other than Sagarin)

I'll use these ratings to prove my point that: No, they wouldn't :)

Big Ten

12 MSU
15 Nebraska
16 Wisconsin
19 Michigan
20 Penn State
43 Illinois
47 Ohio State
49 Iowa
74 Purdue
79 Northwestern
112 Minnesoa
135 Indiana

Big 12

2 Okie State
4 Okie
17 KSU
25 Baylor
26 Texas
33 TAMU
37 Mizzou
55 TTU
58 ISU
107 KU

TAMU would place 6th in the Big Ten, according to RPI

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
And for the record, I definitely agree that the B12 is far better this year (at least, from what they've proven on the field thus far). And I agree that any of the top 3 teams in the Big 12 would be able to compete with, and have a good shot at beating any team in the Big Ten on a neutral field. I'll even concede that TAMU would probably have their way with Illinois on down the ratings. I just don't see them putting up many points against OSU, MSU, or Penn State, and I don't see them stopping the Badger rushing attack.

CyclonesForever

Nov 5, 2011
Ames, IA
i'd consider going to a place that we've never won before, against a team we had a 2-7 record against, and not just beating them back to back years but killed them. idk it may just be me that i'd definately consider that significant