Will yellow helmets be back?

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
Time for a change back to the past for ISU Football with yellow helmets and cardinal and gold uniies. How about a poll like this. Do you favor
1. keep uniforms as is, all red with red helmets home and all white on the road
2. change back to yellow helmets and with red gold uniforms
3. i'm so drunk at games, I can't tell the difference. (just kidding?)

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Time for a change back to the past for ISU Football with yellow helmets and cardinal and gold uniies. How about a poll like this. Do you favor

Gold, with the walking CY logo with Cardinal colored jerseys. I already got my Christmas present today, but what the heck, maybe I can get the unis and logos I want as well!

jkoo

Apr 21, 2006
1 by far.
yellow unis and helmets are not at all intimidating. they just look bad. cant go wrong with what we have now.

Winnin' Ugly

Jul 24, 2006
St. Louis
I like the current uniforms if we replace the red pants with white. The red on red is awful. However, yellow pants would be worse...

CyKosys

Nov 24, 2006

Cardinal and GOLD. Same design at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but replace their peuter with our GOLD..not yellow!!

toneloc34

Apr 10, 2006
I don't care. I just want the current logo off of the helmet.

Put the current logo on the sleeve or chest if you want (keep it small), but then put something simple onto the helmet.

The time is right for a change.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Put a dent or two on top of each helmet - we will be banging heads opn defense.

minnclone99

Nov 22, 2006
Rompots
I doubt we are going to change to anything but the current university marks for the helmets. Too much marketing dollars wrapped up in the brand to go to the retro logos.

I wonder if that jackass that told everyone including Paul Lukas that he was JP's personal graphic designer is going to reappear now?

CyKosys

Nov 24, 2006
How 'bout a BIG block "I" bordered in white on the sides of each helmet, with the swirling "CY" on both sleeves???

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Every Uniform looks better if it's used by a team that's winning. Here's hoping (with great optimism) that we just got the guy who will make winning the rule around here!

Go Clones!

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
Is there anyplace on the internet to find all of the old helmet logos that Iowa State used. It would be fun to see. I still like the big I with isu in the middle of it on gold helmets. Maybe its easier for our quarterback to pick out gold helmets?

dccyclone25

Oct 29, 2006
Ames
One thing to point out is that a lot of times when teams switch back to older logos and such, it's because they have a successful history that people like to look back on and incorporate into future success.

There's not much of that with this football program.

gmckern

Oct 23, 2006
Keep the same unis, except get rid of the awful white facemasks and the white stripe down the side of the pants. I think it would look good with a gold facemask on the helmet and no stripe on the pant.

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
Tricky question.... I hate seeing things change every few years, ISU needs to find a tradition with the uni's and stick with it for awhile. I don't mind the red on red home uni's right now, what I'm disappointed with is the various shades of red/cardinal we've seen over the last decade or so. And then, somehow blue magically appeared around '95 or '96. The worst was in the Seneca years with the red on the uni's not matching the red on the helmets, and the golden numerals on the jerseys. Aaack! The current uni's are a big improvement on those, but as someone else pointed out, weren't ISU's colors more like USC's back in the old days? Heck I recall at one point during the 80s it was either Criner or Walden who had different colored helmets on the field correct?

lets not become a Nike experimental specimen like Oregon.

dccyclone25

Oct 29, 2006
Ames
I looked at all those helmets, and they all look either ugly, hideous, or totally outdated.

The best by far is the current one, except maybe they could take off the "ISU" part and just leave Cy. That would look better, I think.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron