NBA: Will LeBron James play for Miami next year?

Will Lebron play for Miami next year?

• Yes

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • No, he will sign with another team

Votes: 63 53.8%

• Total voters

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
Lakers, Cavs, and Knicks will all be hard after him since his contract will be up after this season. What does everyone think? I think it'd be fun to see him go back to the Cavs and mentor Irving and whoever they select #1 in this years draft. Not sure how Cav fans would welcome him back though.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I think the "big 3" are still under contract for next year, but can opt out if they choose this year. I think all three will be back in Miami.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Read this scenario a while back:

James, Wade, and Bosh can all opt out this summer and sign a new contract for less money and make room to add a guy like Carmelo Anthony this summer.

But to answer your question, yes the Heat's Big Three will be together next year. Why break up a team that has made it to the Finals four years in a row and might three-peat?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
If Wade is back, all three will be back. If Wade chooses to hang it up, they could all split, although I still doubt it.

I expect all three to be back.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I think the "big 3" are still under contract for next year, but can opt out if they choose this year. I think all three will be back in Miami.

They all have an early termination option for next season, and then a player option for the 15-16. Haslem has a player option for next season, and Chris Anderson, Norris Cole and that guy who wants to be closer to home are signed for next season. Everyone else is free.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
If Wade is back, all three will be back. If Wade chooses to hang it up, they could all split, although I still doubt it.

Wade will be back. Baring another knee injury I think he still has 3-4 years left in Miami. I see him staying until his contract expires and then Miami gives him a one year deal as a sort of victory lap season.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don't think there's anyway D-wade plays potentially 5 more years.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Lakers, Cavs, and Knicks will all be hard after him since his contract will be up after this season. What does everyone think? I think it'd be fun to see him go back to the Cavs and mentor Irving and whoever they select #1 in this years draft. Not sure how Cav fans would welcome him back though.

LeBron is trying to win championships and trying to enhance his legacy, he's not going to waste years of his prime going back to the Cavs and deal with a bad team.

All three will stay in Miami. Bosh has already said he wants to stay, D-Wade isn't leaving now after spending his whole career in South Beach. It makes no sense for LeBron to leave

TRZA

Mar 4, 2009
West Side of Des Moines
The Cleveland Caveliers will have a few games in Miami next season, and the NBA will rig the tv schedule to send whatever team he is on to Miami. Don't rule out playoff or NBA finals matchups. So yeah, he will play in Miami next season.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA

I really don't follow NBA all that much. Is this really a possibility? Is that injury prone or something? I mean Wade was drafted the same year LeBron was.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
I really don't follow NBA all that much. Is this really a possibility? Is that injury prone or something? I mean Wade was drafted the same year LeBron was.

Wade isn't retiring this year. He is due something like $40mil over the next two years.
Which is also why both Bosh and Wade will stay with Miami. (Or at least not opt out, they could be traded) They won't make that kind of money in free agency. LeBron is the only one that wouldn't lose money by leaving, but where would he go that has cap space and a team as good as his supporting cast in Miami? LeBron is also going to not opt out. Meaning all three will be back with Miami barring a trade. And that puts Miami in a tight spot signing free agents.

Last edited:

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
If I am James, I'm out and looking for a younger core. He has to do everything for this team. Wade is crippled and can only play in about 60% of the games. Bosh is scared of the paint and just wants yo shoot 3's.

If the cavs can trade the #1 pick and a player for Love, then they look pretty attractive. Maybe he can get melo to go their too.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
I think he'll play one more year in Miami then come back to the Cavs. Cleveland fans would welcome him back in a second.

The Cavs are run by morons though. I could just as easily see them trade Irving, blow the no.1 pick on Embiid and watch Lebron head off to Chicago, NY or LA.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I think he'll play one more year in Miami then come back to the Cavs. Cleveland fans would welcome him back in a second.

The Cavs are run by morons though. I could just as easily see them trade Irving, blow the no.1 pick on Embiid and watch Lebron head off to Chicago, NY or LA.

I think if he goes, he needs to go this year. That way they can trade the pick to get Kevin Love. Love, James and Irving all sign contracts below market value and bring in Melo. That team would be really good for a long time.

Staying in Miami where Wade looks to be about done, Bosh is the weak and doesn't know how to play in the paint to score and get rebounds. Those two guys are putting too much stress on James and its going to wear on his body. He needs talent that can get rebounds / score down low (Love), bring the ball up the court (Irving), and help him score (Melo, Love, and Irving).

I am not a James fan, but if he went back to Cleveland and help them rebuild - that would make me probably like him.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Did you people forget what Dan Gilbert said about LeBron when he left? Do you really think he's going back to play for him?

He'll opt in for one more year along with Bosh and Wade and then I think he leaves Miami unless Wade takes a big paycut but it probably won't be to Cleveland.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Did you people forget what Dan Gilbert said about LeBron when he left? Do you really think he's going back to play for him?

He'll opt in for one more year along with Bosh and Wade and then I think he leaves Miami unless Wade takes a big paycut but it probably won't be to Cleveland.

If they get beat 4-1 or 4-2........do you think he wants to go through another season with that roster? The East is bad, that's the only reason they are in the finals again. There are 4-5 teams in the West that are better than Miami now and Miami will just become another year older. Unless they get Melo to come down there, i don't see it happening.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Hopefully he goes elsewhere. I just can't root for him when he's on the same team as Bosh and D-Wade.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I think the prospect of Lebron back in Cleveland is awesome. Irving is a stud in the making, add in Embiid with the first pick and all the talk of Kevin Love circulating. Throw in a defensive stopper at the 2 and that would be a bad *** team.

Also, under no circumstances should Lebron team up with Carmelo, that dude is the worst.