Why is Kinnick Stadium considered historic?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Historic Kinnick Stadium is one of the best atmospheres in all of college football; acccording to Kirk Herbstreit, it is one of the five best, right along with Penn State’s White Out, night games at LSU, etc. And just think, that is before the North Endzone renovation that is going to make Kinnick even louder.
Does best atmosphere or noise level make a stadium historic?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
There’s been more big games at Kinnick obviously. It’s an old stadium that’s seen a lot of great players play there.
Boone Pickens is an old stadium that’s seen a lot of great players and I don’t consider it historic.
When I think historic I think Camp Randall, Rose Bowl, Neyland.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
I don’t know WTF historic means. But, of the stadiums I’ve been in, the only one that I thought I was in the presence of football Gods was Notre Dame. I thought I could fee ghosts. Same thing with Lambeau Field.

For those of you on the board that might have went, didn’t ISU play at Army a number of years ago? What did you think of the stadium? I’ve been to Annapolis but not West Point.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I don’t know WTF historic means. But, of the stadiums I’ve been in, the only one that I thought I was in the presence of football Gods was Notre Dame. I thought I could fee ghosts. Same thing with Lambeau Field.

For those of you on the board that might have went, didn’t ISU play at Army a number of years ago? What did you think of the stadium? I’ve been to Annapolis but not West Point.
People who went to that game raved about West Point. Really wish I could have gone.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Please take it easy on derpycy. After all his undergrad is from Iowa and Masters from UCLA.

Wait, did he actually say that? He also said he had something like 2 masters and a PhD from Iowa as HerkyFan on the Iowa rivals site. I remember it because it was the biggest load of **** I’ve seen on an Internet forum, which is pretty incredible.

• Funny
Reactions: wclarson

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Notre Dame stadium is pretty cool.
FYI, if you’re ever driving by on 80, I think the town is a dump, but the campus is beautiful. The stadium has had its gates open on the times I’ve visited and you can walk thru the tunnel to get a better interior view.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Notre Dame stadium is pretty cool.
FYI, if you’re ever driving by on 80, I think the town is a dump, but the campus is beautiful. The stadium has had its gates open on the times I’ve visited and you can walk thru the tunnel to get a better interior view.

Believe it or not I was at the convicts vs Catholics game back in 1988. I was in school in Iowa City and went to Chicago with a friend his place. His dad was an alum and had an extra ticket. Awesome time.