Why is Kinnick Stadium considered historic?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009
I agree with most of that but the cool to attend a game in. Sure the card stunts look awesome on TV but that stadium itself seems to have less seat and legroom than over a dozen NCAA stadiums I've been to.

All in the eye of the beholder. One man's lack of legroom is another man's reason to stand more and yell. My understanding is the north end zone project will provide more room for butts in that part of the stadium so you will have a better experience the next time you come to Kinnck :)

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I'm not Yeah Buddy but losing Higdon on signing day did hurt I thought. He seems like a quality back and would fit in with Iowa's zone running game. Iowa ended up signing a guy from Alabama no one had heard of and he made it like one semester or year on campus.

Losing Higdon wasn't good, but losing Gordon was way worse imo.

Reactions: mattyheiden

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yes you are going deep into the depths of recruiting misses. I've tried to block that one out of my mind.

According to one of your other Hawkeye fans here recruiting misses like Higdon or Gordon aren't a big deal because you can just replace them with another 2 star recruit

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
According to one of your other Hawkeye fans here recruiting misses like Higdon or Gordon aren't a big deal because you can just replace them with another 2 star recruit

That’s not what he said since Gordon was a 4*.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
He also said missing out on Heinrich was no big deal and he wasn't a top target for you guys so if you want to keep defending him go for it

Not defending him, you are just being an idiot and putting words in his mouth.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009

Eventually where you are involved CyTwins I lose track of what the original point being debated is/was. It is a gift of sorts you have that I've never seen before. I mean that. I acknowledged recruiting misses matter. You point to another Hawk fans who says they aren't. What is it you expect us to say to that? People have different opinions, that's why these boards exist.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Eventually where you are involved CyTwins I lose track of what the original point being debated is/was. It is a gift of sorts you have that I've never seen before. I mean that. I acknowledged recruiting misses matter. You point to another Hawk fans who says they aren't. What is it you expect us to say to that? People have different opinions, that's why these boards exist.

This board actually exists for Cyclone fans.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
#1 vs #2 was pretty historic. Lots of Heisman winners have played there.

Happens every year. It’s part of recruiting. I don’t think it hurt them too much. The most recent RB ran for over 1000 yards in each of the last two seasons.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CyTwins

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Historic Kinnick Stadium is one of the best atmospheres in all of college football; acccording to Kirk Herbstreit, it is one of the five best, right along with Penn State’s White Out, night games at LSU, etc. And just think, that is before the North Endzone renovation that is going to make Kinnick even louder.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Historic Kinnick Stadium is one of the best atmospheres in all of college football; acccording to Kirk Herbstreit, it is one of the five best, right along with Penn State’s White Out, night games at LSU, etc. And just think, that is before the North Endzone renovation that is going to make Kinnick even louder.

Not even close to LSU.