Why doesn't ISU send an application to the SEC or B1G?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Join the Big 10? Not now...not after last year.

Pee on me once - shame on you. Pee on me twice...you don't get peed on again!:smile:

This is complete BS and I think eve MooLander knows it! Mizzou wants to be wanted so badly they'd run in a heartbeat to B1G! And this whole SEC thing was started with the explicit purpose of trying to get the B1G to take them.

This is an epic story of Mizzou's unrequited love for the B1G. As the plot thickens MU will down a bottle of pills acting out to get attention, become an addict, and then ***** herself out to whomever will take her just looking for affection and money to feed the habit. In the end she'll ultimately die desparate following a long relationship with an abusive partner, alone, and pining for the love that could have been.

C

CyBer

This is complete BS and I think eve MooLander knows it! Mizzou wants to be wanted so badly they'd run in a heartbeat to B1G! And this whole SEC thing was started with the explicit purpose of trying to get the B1G to take them.

This is an epic story of Mizzou's unrequited love for the B1G. As the plot thickens MU will down a bottle of pills acting out to get attention, become an addict, and then ***** herself out to whomever will take her just looking for affection and money to feed the habit. In the end she'll ultimately die desparate following a long relationship with an abusive partner, alone, and pining for the love that could have been.

This should be a television soap oprea.

Oh wait it is.

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011

Well...THAT, or...

Missouri wanted out of the dysfunctional Big 12. The Big 10 made the most sense. But the Big 10 took Nebraska, and did not want Missouri. So Missouri looked for another adjacent conference that made sense to join. The SEC wanted Missouri. So they joined. The end.

Granted, your version is much more "E True Hollywood Story" than mine. :smile:

Show me any quoted MU adminstrator or major booster who wants the Big 10 right now.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Well...THAT, or...

Missouri wanted out of the dysfunctional Big 12. The Big 10 made the most sense. But the Big 10 took Nebraska, and did not want Missouri. So Missouri looked for another adjacent conference that made sense to join. The SEC wanted Missouri. So they joined. The end.

Show me any quoted MU adminstrator or major booster who wants the Big 10 right now.

I have appreciated your respectful posts. However, you will look back on conference realignment with regret and remorse as the Big XII resurges.

Missouri has really screwed up. You know it, we know it . . and no amount of "reasoning" is going to fix it. Mizzou will serve as a chew toy for the SEC . . .frankly, I am going to enjoy watching the implosion in Columbia.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I would take the Big 10 in a heartbeat, but if ISU ever decided the SEC was a good fit, I would loose all faith in those responsible for that decision.

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
....Missouri has really screwed up. You know it, we know it . . and no amount of "reasoning" is going to fix it. Mizzou will serve as a chew toy for the SEC . . .frankly, I am going to enjoy watching the implosion in Columbia.

This ...

It may take a few years but Missouri will become part of the Vandy/Kentucky/Miss State group in the SEC.

I vote for Pinkle to the Illini after the Zooker gets sacked. That would be a win/win for a lot of people.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
The Big 12 is unstable as **** all right now. The only teams trying to get in are the ones jumping off the sinking ship that is the Big East. There is not a single team in any other BCS conference that would want to join the Big 12.
Wrong.

A little over a year ago we were looking at the league disbanding and praying the Big East would take the Big XII leftovers.

Now the Big East is turning inside out like your mama's vajayjay and we've added two top-notch programs.

The Big XII is the most stable it's been in two years.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Well...THAT, or...

Show me any quoted MU adminstrator or major booster who doesn't. See what I did there?

Last edited:

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I mean sure they may not add us, but its worth a shot. A move for the SEC isn't as bad as some of you might think. We would make more money, and if we join we could start a rivalry with Arkansas and keep one with Missouri and Texas A&M. A Big Ten move would be good too. We could rekindle our rivalry with Nebraska and the one with Iowa would be taken to another level. So I think it is worth a shot

troll.gif

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Well...THAT, or...

So Mizzou has joined the SEC? When does Mizzou LEAVE?

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Well...THAT, or...

You've had too much kool-aid if you think that Missouri prefers the SEC over the Big 10. IMO that's why this move is taking so long, they are still hoping for the Big 10 to expand.

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
You've had too much kool-aid if you think that Missouri prefers the SEC over the Big 10. IMO that's why this move is taking so long, they are still hoping for the Big 10 to expand.

It doesn't really matter what Missouri PREFERS; the Big 10 isn't taking them, or anybody else right now. The Big 10 explored expansion for MONTHS before taking Nebraska. And we're supposed to believe that Missouri is banking on the B1G snagging them in the next 30 days?

That might be the only move MU could make that would alienate the fanbase MORE than staying in the Big 12.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
It doesn't really matter what Missouri PREFERS; the Big 10 isn't taking them, or anybody else right now. The Big 10 explored expansion for MONTHS before taking Nebraska. And we're supposed to believe that Missouri is banking on the B1G snagging them in the next 30 days?

That might be the only move MU could make that would alienate the fanbase MORE than staying in the Big 12.

thumbnail.aspx