Whovians

Cy83ag

Mar 20, 2010
Earlham
I feel the show is finally hitting it's stride, all of the characters have been given backstories to flesh them out. It's interesting how much Graham resembles Wilf, that's a good thing, Wilf was great. It's also cool how they are telling the same stories, good vs. evil, but using actual historical events as the setting.

KHoing07

Jun 20, 2018
I feel the show is finally hitting it's stride, all of the characters have been given backstories to flesh them out. It's interesting how much Graham resembles Wilf, that's a good thing, Wilf was great. It's also cool how they are telling the same stories, good vs. evil, but using actual historical events as the setting.
I dont think I've noticed similarities between Wilf and Graham...wilf believed aliens existed already where Graham was still apprehensive for a couple episodes

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I dont think I've noticed similarities between Wilf and Graham...wilf believed aliens existed already where Graham was still apprehensive for a couple episodes

I think they are very similar characters in terms of driving the plot forward: they have their cliques that they use for information (Wilf used the seniors to help track down Tenants doctor, just like Graham used the bus drivers to find "Tim Shaw"). Both characters are also looking for approval from their family: Donna didn't seem to care what Wilf had to say initially in regards to aliens (until he was proven right), and we see that Ryan doesn't seem to listen to Graham, despite him being the closest family he has.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Appreciated the callbacks in the Kerblam episode.

The "guest star" in the Witchfinder episode was a nice surprise, even though I assume it had been leaked some time ago (I try to avoid spoilers).

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Reaction to last ~5 minutes of the opener:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Just announced that Russell T Davies will return as showrunner for Dr Who in 2023. Current showrunner Chris Chibnall as well as current Doctor Jodie Whittaker will be leaving after this next season.

Davies was the showrunner when this iteration of the series launched in 2005 and oversaw Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant's turns as the Doctor.

• Love
Reactions: Thorongil Clone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron