Whovians

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Not a hardcore Doctor Who fan, but I do have a Dalek and a Tardis on my desk, so I guess I've passed the point of being a casual fan.

• Funny
Reactions: MrApathy

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
We had taken the kids to London right Before the Eccleston series was hitting BBC America. So we got wrapped up in seeing on TV the familiar sights we had just seen, just kind of cool. And it turned out to be pretty good show, and just got better with Tennant.

Then they started jumping the shark a bit, and when Doug Smith took over, we just couldn't watch anymore really. He has moments but just didn't Work for me. In fairness, following Tennant was like following Jordan. I am sure my daughter is still in lOve with him.

Never have watched the old ones, more than just to Laugh at how bad they are. Even as a scifi loving kid with nothing else on (before the days of cable) and nothing else to do, I couldn't bring myselF to watch those.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
We had taken the kids to London right Before the Eccleston series was hitting BBC America. So we got wrapped up in seeing on TV the familiar sights we had just seen, just kind of cool. And it turned out to be pretty good show, and just got better with Tennant.

Then they started jumping the shark a bit, and when Doug Smith took over, we just couldn't watch anymore really. He has moments but just didn't Work for me. In fairness, following Tennant was like following Jordan. I am sure my daughter is still in lOve with him.

Never have watched the old ones, more than just to Laugh at how bad they are. Even as a scifi loving kid with nothing else on (before the days of cable) and nothing else to do, I couldn't bring myselF to watch those.

Liar.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Eccleston was my first Doctor. Haven't caught up on the new Doctor enough to figure him out.

A few months ago I started watching the classics.

Love me some Baker.

Cy83ag

Mar 20, 2010
Earlham
Pertwee was my first Doctor, watched through Davison, then couldn't get any series until Eccleston.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Question:

Where does the War Doctor fit in all of this? Should John Hurt be in the ranks of the rest?

Cy83ag

Mar 20, 2010
Earlham
He would have to be before Eccleston, but I can't remember if they showed Who Eccleston regenerated from.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Everyone thinks we named our kids after Ozzie & Harriet, but we really named our daughter after Harriet Jones, Prime Minister and we named our son Oswin. My kids also have a cousin named River but I think his name was inspired after Phoenix and not Dr. Song.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Everyone thinks we named our kids after Ozzie & Harriet, but we really named our daughter after Harriet Jones, Prime Minister and we named our son Oswin. My kids also have a cousin named River but I think his name was inspired after Phoenix and not Dr. Song.

Yes, we know.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
When I was young and watching it on PBS with my mother, Tom Baker was the Doctor. I remember enjoying it back then, but not sure why. I'm enjoying the revival series quite a bit. David Tennant and Matt Smith are the ones my daughter enjoyed the most. She's not sold yet on Peter Capaldi (she's 12, so I think the young/cute factor for those two played a lot into it), but I think he's great and thoroughly enjoyed this past season.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
When I was young and watching it on PBS with my mother, Tom Baker was the Doctor. I remember enjoying it back then, but not sure why. I'm enjoying the revival series quite a bit. David Tennant and Matt Smith are the ones my daughter enjoyed the most. She's not sold yet on Peter Capaldi (she's 12, so I think the young/cute factor for those two played a lot into it), but I think he's great and thoroughly enjoyed this past season.

Yeah, the new Doctor definitely wasn't cast for the younger crowd, but so far I love what he's done. He still needs a decent companion to call his own though, pretty disappointed they kept Clara on for another season.