Who's the best back?

Who's the best when healthy?

• Total voters

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
ok, no wimp'n out. Its come down to it, be a man.

GIVEN: WHEN HEALTHY who's the best?

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I think Bass has better vision, but Robinson's speed in the open field really makes him a weapon.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
it depends on the situation.. A-Rob is quicker but Bass i think has more power along with scales... but i will say A-Rob has more potential

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Damn ... too bad it took us so long to get A-Rob playing time. Not as long as Koch mind you - yes I'm still bitter.

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
I would like to see Bass with some more touches as well. Last game didn't he only have like two for -1 yards or something?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It is really hard not to vote for Robinson. Bass had some nice games against some weaker teams, but Robinson has does it against better defenses. On the other hand the OL is clearly better now than when Bass was healthy. Robinson's speed just seems to cajuse more big plays, something that this team has sorely needed.

I think it is great to have 3 guys to even be able to vote for.

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I'm curious to see what the poll results would have been prior to saturday's game.

Robinson exploded in that game.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
What have you done for me lately? I'll go with A Rob.

thats basically what this poll comes down to. The creator was smart by putting in the "WHEN HEALTHY" stipulation.

Can't go back in time, but had Scales NEVER gotten hurt when he came to campus I am sure he could have been the winner of this poll, but A Rob just has that breakaway speed and can hit the hole at the right time. I do think Bass is a much more elusive, tackle breaking back, but you cannot teach speed like A Robs...Granted NONE of them have made themselves the "go to, have to get the ball to" back yet. I am waiting for a REAL breakout performance from somebody. But damn is it nice to even be debating this...I kinda have a feeling we'll be doing the same thing next year with the QB's...lots of diff positives at that position too. I do like running back by committee tho, I think we should stick with it. QB by committee does not work in the long run, but you need people to spell the RB's.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron