Who Owns the Des Moines Market ISU or Iowa (Iowa says they do)

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
There should be data somewhere to show either way I would think. I don't know where it would be or care enough to try and find it.

• Winner
Reactions: SpokaneCY

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Hawkeye fans are a little sensitive when talking about Des Moines/Central Iowa. Iowa State has made a lot of headway in the last 10-15 years. Sending the football team to Valley to practice was a reaction to this.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Honest question. Why can't ISU sell out Jack Trice if so many people in Des Moines are fans? Tickets are cheap, Ames is close, what is holding fans back from going to games?
Honest question, why can’t iowa sell out Kinnick? There’s only 7,000 more seats than Jack Trice. Not being able to sell out Jack Trice doesn’t mean there aren’t more fans in Des Moines. Honestly, it’s harder to sell out for any college football game in general across the country. The TV viewing experience from home hasn’t helped.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Honest question. Why can't ISU sell out Jack Trice if so many people in Des Moines are fans? Tickets are cheap, Ames is close, what is holding fans back from going to games?
Did Iowa even have 1 sellout in 2015 when they went 12-0 and ranked in the top 10? Kinnick averaged only 63k fans that year. What was the reason for that?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Did Iowa even have 1 sellout in 2015 when they went 12-0 and ranked in the top 10? Kinnick averaged only 63k fans that year. What was the reason for that?
I’m shocked someone wouldn’t want to buy a season ticket package that includes Illinois State, North Texas, Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue, Maryland, Pittsburgh.

Crazy they couldn’t sell out a single game during a 12-0 regular season.

Last edited:

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

Hate to break it to you but most Cyclone fans know we've sucked for a long time.

Bad product and historically smaller enrollment can't compete with a larger school near the most populated side of the state.

• Agree
Reactions: a29_clone

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I agree with some posters over there. It’s closer to 50/50 and might even lean hawk. You do see a lot more cyclone gear out and about but that’s probably due to the fact we sucked for so long and excitement has been at an all time high. Des Moines job growth has also really helped. Wait another 10 years, they’ll start to feel like a cyclone fan in CR.

Ted Feldman

Sep 14, 2018
66 of Iowa's 99 counties have more people that Choose ISU over Iowa.
ISU's enrollment is higher
More Iowa high school grads choose ISU then any other college.

So regardless of how many fans cheer for which school. ISU will have more fans if they already don't very very soon. Once all those kids have kids its doomsday for Iowa fans in terms of state numbers.

I guess IF Iowa has more fans currently, they are the most uneducated folk in the state. Just stating facts.

In regards to Des Moines... Dallas and Polk county have far more ISU students then Iowa. That is fact.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Some guy on the Hark forum said:

"the airport is chockful of Hawkeye gear with cyclone items nowhere (or well hidden) to be found."

And no one responded "that's because all the Cyclone gear was already purchased?!?!"

In actuality, I think the DSM Metro as a whole is more like 50/50 ISU/UI fans. There are pockets that lean one way or the other. Anyone who said 1 to 3 ratio either way is a little off.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I doubt there are many teams that would have even half of ISU's attendance level with the product that's been out there for the last decade\century.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron