Who is/was your favorite Cyclone?

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I was just thinking how much I am going to miss ARob after this year, he is the silent leader of this team and he will be missed. He is probable my favorite Clone of all time as he has been a stud and unlike some good players, has kept his mouth shut and puts it all on the field.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
I watched Troy Davis, Lane Danielsen, Brett Meyer, Seneca Wallace, Sage Rosenfells, and many others play. Got to play in the pep band when Fred Hoiberg and the clones lost to Kentucky in the second round, and saw Jeff Grayer and Jeff Hornacek and Barry Stevens play some great b-ball. My favorite player though is Ellis Hobbs. That guy could play, and though he didn't get the press that others got, he left it all on the field every play, every game I was at or watched. A lot of guys that were good though...

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Justice Thigpen, Donnell Bivens in BB, Blaise Bryant, Ennis Heywood and TD in FB, Rob Steiger in Wrestling.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I watched Troy Davis, Lane Danielsen, Brett Meyer, Seneca Wallace, Sage Rosenfells, and many others play. Got to play in the pep band when Fred Hoiberg and the clones lost to Kentucky in the second round, and saw Jeff Grayer and Jeff Hornacek and Barry Stevens play some great b-ball. My favorite player though is Ellis Hobbs. That guy could play, and though he didn't get the press that others got, he left it all on the field every play, every game I was at or watched. A lot of guys that were good though...

Enis the Menace.

Ellis has always been one of my favorites too (this is in the football forum). Also for me...Dave Brcka.

Last edited:

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
Enis the Menace.

Ellis has always been one of my favorites too (this is in the football forum). Also for me...Dave Brcka.

I could also go back to David Archer a while ago. I remember listening to the Clones beating Iowa with him at QB as a kid on AM radio, helping my dad on the farm. Enis was a great player, too. Too long between him and the next 1000 yard back at ISU.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Football: Bret Oberg Hoops: Hoiberg Wrestling: Steve Hamilton and Dan Troupe ( Troupe got more *** than any 190-pounder in history) Baseball: Tom Vantiger. these are my faves that I saw in person and were enrolled when I was.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
Football: Bret Oberg Hoops: Hoiberg Wrestling: Steve Hamilton and Dan Troupe ( Troupe got more *** than any 190-pounder in history) Baseball: Tom Vantiger. these are my faves that I saw in person and were enrolled when I was.

OT:

I would pick Mike Busch in baseball. I think he also was a good football player. I've always thought that they should have kept baseball. Maybe with the extra TV money, JP will...

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Basketball-Jared Homan
Football-Nate Frere (His interviews were comedy gold)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron