Who is stuck watching the game with Hawk Fans?

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
Ugh, my wife just reminded me that we are spending the weekend at her parent's house, and attending a reunion party of sorts. The women and kids are going to be upstairs while the guys are to be watching football in the basement. The house is owned by a huge hawkeye fan, I am a cyclone....the other two...Jayhawks. Cool.

Draf

Jun 8, 2017
We all have our horror stories of watching the Iowa State / Iowa game with hawk fans.

What's yours this year?
Heading to kinnick with my wife. Although I've been there a few times since — the last time she went was '98. They treated her pretty badly and she vowed to never go back. But hey, I finally convinced her to go. I imagine they will treat her the same.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Jan. 1, 2016 was at a party with a mixed bag of fans. The Fiesta bowl was just about over when the poster-boy for tavernhoks walked into the TV room sat down and said, "time for some big-boy football."

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I watched the 2016 game with the in-laws. They are all hawk fans and a few of them the panther-hawk variety (went to UNI but are 100% hawk fans)

Wife and I were getting married that year so they decided to call it a bachelor party and made me take a shot every time the hawks scored. By the end of the game I didn't even care, I was just numb to the pain of the loss

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I'm going to the bar in town to watch with a couple of hawk fans. I plan to twist the knife after the Cyclones plunge it deep in their hearts!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Had a great time at an I.C. watch party in 2002 and ran my mouth like crazy after they wouldn't shut up in the first half.

I had predicted the week before that Wallace would throw for over 300 yards and Hokdom thought I was crazy.

Watched at a bar in C.R. in 2005 with Hawk buddies. Pretty sure I was the only ISU fan there. Place was dead quiet most of the game, and I just slow clapped throughout. Buddies were so upset that their beloved top ten ranked team's national championship season was ruined. I think Iowa lost 4-5 more games that season so they REALLY ruined another national title year.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I'm earning some major husband points this weekend going to her non-iowa college friend's house to watch the game. Tavern hawk fan.

I won't be quiet if we're kicking their ass.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Am wanting to watch at home. Wife will probably "convince" me to go to neighbors to watch. Will probably be a 70/30 mix good guys. When we show up, my wife and I will have 2 more college degrees than anyone there. One ISU, one Wartburg. This will be tavern fan city.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I'm watching with my friend who is a hawkeye fan. His wife and I graduated from Iowa State, my girlfriend is an Arizona fan (so default Iowa State), and my hawkeye friend went to Simpson. He got his MBA with me at Iowa State, so he is not obnoxious and we have a good time at the during the game. He also goes to Iowa State games and has a couple Iowa State shirts too.

Reactions: Aclone

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I will be in Perry, attending a wedding which starts at 4:30.

tenor.gif

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I’m going to one of my best friends houses and they are Hawks. I’ve watched it with them for years and have had a great time. I guess you guys should stop being friends with jerks.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and yowza

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My brother was at a wedding years ago during the game. One of the ushers had a Hawkeye hat on and was surreptitiously listening the game. He would wear his hat forward if Iowa was up and backwards if Iowa State was up. Most of the congregation were sneaking looks back whenever they could to get an update.

• Winner
Reactions: cyyote15

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
I've been to 3 cyhawk games, u fortunately they all have been in Iowa City.... hoping to change that next year.

Anywho, I'm one of maaaaybe 3 clone fans I normally watch with so the game is always an.... adventure. The Arnaud years were definitely the worst