Who has the best job you know

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
Me .... I get to run a nuclear reactor for a living. Not gonna lie, it's a pretty good gig and they pay me way more than I am worth. Oh and during my training I saw the world and got to go deeper into the ocean than most people will ever have a chance to go.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I know someone that is paid to sleep for 8 hours. She goes to work in her PJs and sleeps from 10pm to 6am then gets up and heads home for the day. This is an actual, real job. Blows my mind.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I know someone that is paid to sleep for 8 hours. She goes to work in her PJs and sleeps from 10pm to 6am then gets up and heads home for the day. This is an actual, real job. Blows my mind.

How much does she get payed and where do I apply?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I was friends with paul. He was my roomate in 1997. I got Sid in the band. His first mask was my Marine Corps gas mask. I also went to high school with Corey Taylor and bar tended at Safari for shawn Crahan. Also went to junior high with shawn Economaki from stone sour. I also have gone on vacation with Joey Jordisons sister Katie and her now husband shawn. Thats my history with Slipknot.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
The guy who announced the powerball numbers twice a week.

Iowa State University Registrar....seriously, wish I would have targeted some cushy academic seat-warming position when i was 18.

The statue of Liberty waving at people to get their taxes done.

Social Security Administrator.

That guy.

Lead Banjo for Florida Georgia Line.

Ambassador to Argentina or Luxembourg.

The guy with the sweet salary who decides what shows are worthy of Iowa Public Television. (The state wrestling coverage SUCKS btw. 1986 called and wanted it's television graphics back. Seriously, what do you guys do there?!?!? Give Tavis Smiley contracts and then ask me for more money to "produce" state wrestling coverage with your commodore 64 and a vhs camera.)

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
How much does she get payed and where do I apply?

Not all that much. Her husband is in the service and she picked up this job because he is away so much. It's a group living apartment complex for people that are slightly challenged, but are able to live on their own. She is there just in case somebody needs help with something, but since she works the night shift all these folks are asleep so she just sleeps as well (in the common area on the couch). She told me only one time in the last year one of the tenants woke her for some aspirin....otherwise, it's sleepy time for her. Her "boss" is ok with it as well so long as she is there in the common area in case someone needs her.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Me .... I get to run a nuclear reactor for a living. Not gonna lie, it's a pretty good gig and they pay me way more than I am worth. Oh and during my training I saw the world and got to go deeper into the ocean than most people will ever have a chance to go.

Just aim those babies at the bad guys. You guys kick ***............the average Good Morning America viewer needs to be reminded how great our nation is that we can put these freaking awesome ships out there to protect us. Thank you.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Not someone I know personally, but I saw where this couple get paid to spend time at various high quality tropical resorts 6 months out of the year to help them improve their customer service. I could do that.

sweetiecy

Sep 24, 2009
Ankeny
Not someone I know personally, but I saw where this couple get paid to spend time at various high quality tropical resorts 6 months out of the year to help them improve their customer service. I could do that.

My 2nd cousin is a travel writer....they (husband and wife) do pretty much the same thing.

sweetiecy

Sep 24, 2009
Ankeny
My husband has been friends with Jim Root since Jr. High....they were in a band together for years. Have we about got all of the Slipknot members covered in this thread now...LOL?

Bamacyclone

Jan 7, 2012
SE
During a recent trip to Florida's Marco Island, I saw a guy on a tractor every morning running a drag over the sand to fluff it up. That would be the perfect retirement job for me; tractor, coffee, radio, and beach.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Not one of you envy the starter on the golf course? That's my dream retirement. Shoot the **** with everybody that comes and get free golf. Count this as my goal.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I think the gal from Iowa Public Radio who got fired and then won a settlement of $197,000 for getting her feelings hurt had THE best job in the world.

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
Pat Sajak. Work about 4 hours a week. Based on his hair, he doesn't even waste time with that. I think he rolls out of bed and walks into the studio. No discernible skills. Works with the ageless beauty Vanna White.

Heck, even Trebek works harder on pronunciation.

No celebrity stalker problem. If one of his fans bugs him, he just locks up the wheels on their walker and strides away.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Easy Fred Hoiberg. I know Pat Monahan of Train too.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not all that much. Her husband is in the service and she picked up this job because he is away so much. It's a group living apartment complex for people that are slightly challenged, but are able to live on their own. She is there just in case somebody needs help with something, but since she works the night shift all these folks are asleep so she just sleeps as well (in the common area on the couch). She told me only one time in the last year one of the tenants woke her for some aspirin....otherwise, it's sleepy time for her. Her "boss" is ok with it as well so long as she is there in the common area in case someone needs her.

Thought maybe she took Lil' Abner's job as a mattress tester but pretty sure he was replaced by a mechanical dummy. Okay, anyone under 55 or so is going to have to google this reference.
:smile:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron