Who has the best job you know

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
My uncle works for Fairplay scoreboards. His job used to be to go to football and basketball games and watch them until the scoreboard messed up. He has watched 10 National Championship football games and countless final 4's and a few Super Bowls. Depending on if the stadium used Fairplay brands. The biggest problem is that he is not a sports fan and does not care. He just an electrical Genious. Besides your friends being in Slipknot, which mine are. What is the coolest job that you envy that a friend or family member has?

cyflier

Apr 13, 2006
My twin bro is a federal agent in the military. He is back from Afghanistan dealing with undercover counterterrorism(Zero Dark Thirty style). I'm sure he has some great stories, unfortunately he will never be able to discuss.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
High school teammate (Austin Spitler) plays for the Dolphins. I'd say getting paid to play a sport is a pretty good job.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
A guy I went to high school with is a chef for a charter yacht company. He stows away on the yacht and travels to all the exotic locales with them while making gourmet level meals on really flippin' expensive boats. I'm jealous.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Joe Mauer makes 25 million per year and plays golf all winter. So probably him.

AS much as we'd love to be pro athletes I think they have to put up with a lot of crap. Truthfully I really envy my friends who travel a lot or started their own companies/are creative because that's what they love. It seems like going to sleep each night happy with your day would be priceless.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
A family friend of mine is in charge of the pro shop for the Patriots. Has a super bowl ring, watches games in suites, and gets to go to some road games.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Homemaker. I'd really like to stay home with my kids. At least until they annoy me.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Be the son of a CEO, know absolutely nothing about the business, have a nice posh office and just go around acting like you are the CEO.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
I consider CW a friend even though we have yet to meet. He gets to hang with Fred &CPR and babysit all of the crazy CF posters. And see the crazy **** we type.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
I consider CW a friend even though we have yet to meet. He gets to hang with Fred &CPR and babysit all of the crazy CF posters. And see the crazy **** we type.

Agree. I tell people all the time I wish i had CW's job. Tell your GF, sorry babe, got to go to work when your doing a basketball rally at Keg Stand or to cover all the games. It would be alot of work but a blast.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
My uncle works for Fairplay scoreboards. His job used to be to go to football and basketball games and watch them until the scoreboard messed up. He has watched 10 National Championship football games and countless final 4's and a few Super Bowls. Depending on if the stadium used Fairplay brands. The biggest problem is that he is not a sports fan and does not care. He just an electrical Genious. Besides your friends being in Slipknot, which mine are. What is the coolest job that you envy that a friend or family member has?
Based on the slip knot thing, We more than likely know each other, pm me your name.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
My aunt is a corporate tour guide which means she basically goes on company trips and serves as a central point of reference to take care of any issues that come up. Basically she gets paid to be on vacation. She says its pretty awesome.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
In general: anybody I know with 750-1,500 acres that can make a living from their farm.

My college friends: By far, me. I was offered about the best position that I could have been as my first job out of college.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Me, 1st job I applied to after graduating. Field test engineer w/ John Deere in California. Travel throughout the country, Argentina, Russia, New Zealand. Also annual trips to Germany for a couple weeks. Pay is hourly and great. All my housing and utilities are paid. JD is a great company.

Reactions: ISUME