Who has more of an impact this year?

Who has a bigger impact this season?

• Total voters

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I'm curious who everyone thinks will have more of an impact this year. I don't know how you exactly measure "impact", but i'll go with who helps us win more games. I'm voting Lewis, just because I think he will have a few games where he hits 3+ 3 pointers.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'll take Lewis. I think he might be a little more polished at this point. I like Cam Lard's potential, but he strikes me as a bit more of a project.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I voted Lard based on his raw athleticism. If he can play similar to Mckay without the attitude that would be huge for us.

• Agree
Reactions: peteypie

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I voted Cameron Lard. I think Prohm will give a lot of the minutes to Babb and Talley. I feel more confident in Lard beating out Brase and Beverly than I do Lewis beating out Babb and Talley. Lard is big, athletic and runs the floor like crazy. He's the perfect guy to get offensive rebounds, block shots and get transition baskets.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm really excited for Lewis. I hope they both play 10+ minutes per game.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I'll say Lewis, only because I think we need his skillset more (shooting), but it sort of depends on how quickly Brase gets healthy.

If Brase's injury drags on, then I see Lard being forced to play more.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Voted Lard. I think Lewis is the better player, but there is much more of role available for Lard to take advantage of.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Probably needs to be Lewis. We don have a lot of other guys that have his skills.

I think Lard will play, but if he's not ready Young, Talley, Brase, and maybe even Beverly should be a decent frontcourt

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
bth.gif

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Tough one. I think Lewis is a guy who will play and be a consistent spot minute guy who helps. Lard could be at either end of the extremes with his skillset.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I would go with Lard just because I think he sees more minutes especially while Brase is still coming back from his injury.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Based on Prohm's focus on defense, I could see Lard providing a greater impact based on his size and inside presence. I feel like Lewis will take some time to get to be where Prohm wants him from a defensive aspect.

However, based on his athletic ability and our relatively unknown situation in terms of scoring, I'm more excited to see what kind of player Lewis can become.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Lewis. He'll be our spark off the bench, much like Jackson was last year.

jim4

Sep 27, 2014
I went with Lewis. I want to see how well Lard understands team D - if he's still learning he could be a defensive liability. Also, I see Talley playing most of his minutes as a small ball 4, tho I am not certain about that at all

• Useful
Reactions: CloneLawman

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Based on Prohm's focus on defense, I could see Lard providing a greater impact based on his size and inside presence. I feel like Lewis will take some time to get to be where Prohm wants him from a defensive aspect.

However, based on his athletic ability and our relatively unknown situation in terms of scoring, I'm more excited to see what kind of player Lewis can become.

That could be. But Solomon Young was ready physically at the start of last season and he couldn't carve out a meaningful role until much later in the season. Presence and size aren't enough. He'll have to show he understands the full defensive scheme. Of course the same thing holds true for Lewis. If he's lost on defense then he can't be on the floor.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
That could be. But Solomon Young was ready physically at the start of last season and he couldn't carve out a meaningful role until much later in the season. Presence and size aren't enough. He'll have to show he understands the full defensive scheme. Of course the same thing holds true for Lewis. If he's lost on defense then he can't be on the floor.

Hindsight, Solo was ready, but he also had the injury that held him back. Also, IIRC, didn't Prohm say he probably could have erred by not inserting him into the lineup sooner?

I was thinking if Prohm decided to ramp up the defensive intensity, he may need someone to spell Solo. <shrug> Just a guess. Regardless, there are so many unknowns this year. The combinations of who will do what are endless.

I'm going into this season with tempered expectations. I plan on enjoying being surprised.

Help Support Us

Become a patron