Who has more of an impact this year?

Who has a bigger impact this season?

• Total voters

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Lard. Has experience in the system and should have a better idea of what's expected of him than Lewis. Guard is also returning more proven, at least relatively, players so I think it could harder for Lewis to get worked in due to that as well.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
That was a very difficult choice, but in the end I went with Lard. I hope they both have a big impact. I went with Lard because I think he can be a rim protector for us, and that is huge. Even if he doesn't block shots, if he can alter them, that makes a big difference.

However, if Lewis has no fear, and can come in and just be a cold blooded killer from 3 (like Donovan Jackson last year), then he'll have a bigger impact than Lard since we'll need outside shooting this year. I just feel like Lewis has more of a quiet demeanor to him, and he might be a bit nervous in his first year to come off the bench and start firing away, and instead he might defer to others.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I think both get an opportunity. I voted Lard mostly because he has been here since last Jan. and I think he will get minutes out of need. Solo won't play 40 minutes. I would expect 25 or so. Brase will hopefully be healthy but his minutes will likely be limited. That should leave Lard some minutes and if we play two bigs some of the time, that will make more available.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Based on Prohm's focus on defense, I could see Lard providing a greater impact based on his size and inside presence. I feel like Lewis will take some time to get to be where Prohm wants him from a defensive aspect.

However, based on his athletic ability and our relatively unknown situation in terms of scoring, I'm more excited to see what kind of player Lewis can become.

Prohm has said it's more difficult for the young bigs to get up to speed on defense than it is for guards and wing players. I think it's because it's harder for the forwards to read the ball screens and do the coverages right. In addition to the injury, it's one of the reasons he kept Solomon on the bench early last year. I'm not sure if the extra semester for Lard will help much there since he didn't really practice with the team much.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I think Lewis is pretty darn raw to be honest.

It's difficult to tell from high school and CCL highlights, but Lewis looks polished to me. He's not an explosive athlete like NWB, but he can shoot and has a high basketball IQ. Seems to always be around the ball. He may need to tighten his handle, but I expect him to be more of a spot-up shooter.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
1. Donovan Jackson------15.2ppg
2. Lindell wigginton-------13.5ppg
3. Zoran Talley-------------11.8ppg
4. Solomon Young---------9.5ppg
5. Nick Weiler-Babb-------7.2ppg
6. Terrence Lewis----------5.5ppg
7. Cameron Lard-----------5.5ppg
8. Brase/Beverly/Jakolby--One will average around 5-6.

Predicting point per game averages is nearly impossible. I didn't know if I wanted to predict Lewis/Lard ahead of Beverly/Brase or not.

I could see Lewis averaging more points than Lard, but Lard will do the dirty work and every team needs a guy like that. He'll be such a weapon in transition.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
1. Donovan Jackson------15.2ppg
2. Lindell wigginton-------13.5ppg
3. Zoran Talley-------------11.8ppg
4. Solomon Young---------9.5ppg
5. Nick Weiler-Babb-------7.2ppg
6. Terrence Lewis----------5.5ppg
7. Cameron Lard-----------5.5ppg
8. Brase/Beverly/Jakolby--One will average around 5-6.

I would switch Talley and LW otherwise looks to be about right. 13.5 ppg for a true freshman in the Big12 would be pretty wild.

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

isu83

May 5, 2010
Lewis might be a key for points. Just not sold on Babb as far as scoring is concerned. IMO!

Last edited:

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I can't wait to find out who has the bigger impact. I only saw limited summer league action, but I'm optimistic on Lard having at least the impact that Young had for us last year.

I know defensive rotations can be difficult for young big men to pick up, but Prohm is going to have to let this team go through more growing pains that what we've seen in the past. We have also seen that it can be difficult for a freshman to fill a role off the bench as a knock down shooter.

1977clone

Sep 28, 2017
I feel both will play, but it is easier to notice how much Lewis contributes with his scoring. I personally am bad at recognizing good defense, unless it's obvious like a steal or a blocked shot. But Prohm knows defense....Thank God:)

• Funny
Reactions: 816Clone

Help Support Us

Become a patron